Fractal Design Venturi Fans - Worth It?

MrDucco
Go to solution Solved by tomas710,

I'm torn between buying the Fractal Design Venturi Fans or just add extra fans to the Fractal Arc Midi R2 case (Fractal Design Silent Series R3)

51Xkb39dIuL._SS100_.jpg

OR

51jLrTQXMDL._SS100_.jpg

Is there much difference in air flow and noise, i do know that the Venturi fans have a superior design but for around £16 each it will cost £77 to replace all the fans in my case. (1 back, 2 top, 2 front) Whereas for the Silent Series R3 fans it will only cost £8 to add the extra 2 fans. (1 top, 1 front) is it worth the extra money?

Budget is a personal thing i try not to say what's 'right' but for me, you spend money on fans that make a direct performance difference (Heatsinks, rads, front and side intake if it goes torwards the GPU) I don't think you would see a difference at all with top and rear fans, so I would put 2 venturis on the front, and populate the rest of the case with stock fans, which are totally decent by the way.

EDIT

Just noticed you plan on getting the airflow version, get the high SP version for front intake, and while we are at it, AP123s from silverstone are great and super quiet front intake fans, and i believe they are not as expensive as venturis

I'm torn between buying the Fractal Design Venturi Fans or just add extra fans to the Fractal Arc Midi R2 case (Fractal Design Silent Series R3)

51Xkb39dIuL._SS100_.jpg

OR

51jLrTQXMDL._SS100_.jpg

Is there much difference in air flow and noise, i do know that the Venturi fans have a superior design but for around £16 each it will cost £77 to replace all the fans in my case. (1 back, 2 top, 2 front) Whereas for the Silent Series R3 fans it will only cost £8 to add the extra 2 fans. (1 top, 1 front) is it worth the extra money?

I would use whichever compliments my color scheme.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

51Xkb39dIuL._SS100_.jpg

OR

51jLrTQXMDL._SS100_.jpg

Budget is a personal thing i try not to say what's 'right' but for me, you spend money on fans that make a direct performance difference (Heatsinks, rads, front and side intake if it goes torwards the GPU) I don't think you would see a difference at all with top and rear fans, so I would put 2 venturis on the front, and populate the rest of the case with stock fans, which are totally decent by the way.

EDIT

Just noticed you plan on getting the airflow version, get the high SP version for front intake, and while we are at it, AP123s from silverstone are great and super quiet front intake fans, and i believe they are not as expensive as venturis

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB+WD Green 3TB
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold Certified
  • Display(s)
    ASUS PB277Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Corsair H105 with AP121s and Phanteks fans
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
    E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10