Bluetooth interference with wifi?

jayctech
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

considering that both wifi and bluetooth use 2.4ghz, then yeah, that can be a problem. 

try changing the channels of your hearphones and wifi until they are on different channels, then the problem should be solved.

So I got fed up with cables in my on the go headset so I decided to buy a bluetooth one.

I decided on the Sony MDR10RBT. Theyre okay but I noticed when trying to watch streamed video on my android device(s) that the download and buffer seems to plumet. Youtube for example seems to autoset quality to 144p. I turn off sending sound to the headset (so its still connected) and suddenly 720p is fine with tons of buffer. I had a similar experience with Amazon prime and had this issue on both my 1+1 and Nexus 7.

Is this a normal issue with bluetooth headsets or is it a problem with mine? The headset uses bluetooth v3.0 according to the packaging. Oh and I dont seem to have the issue over mobile data.

Oh and soz if theyre any mistakes. On mobile and my keyboards features like autocorrect doesnt seem to work.

So I got fed up with cables in my on the go headset so I decided to buy a bluetooth one.

I decided on the Sony MDR10RBT. Theyre okay but I noticed when trying to watch streamed video on my android device(s) that the download and buffer seems to plumet. Youtube for example seems to autoset quality to 144p. I turn off sending sound to the headset (so its still connected) and suddenly 720p is fine with tons of buffer. I had a similar experience with Amazon prime and had this issue on both my 1+1 and Nexus 7.

Is this a normal issue with bluetooth headsets or is it a problem with mine? The headset uses bluetooth v3.0 according to the packaging. Oh and I dont seem to have the issue over mobile data.

Oh and soz if theyre any mistakes. On mobile and my keyboards features like autocorrect doesnt seem to work.

Sounds like typical interference problem, try changing the channels on the wifi and use 5Ghz if your router support it.

considering that both wifi and bluetooth use 2.4ghz, then yeah, that can be a problem. 

try changing the channels of your hearphones and wifi until they are on different channels, then the problem should be solved.

Sounds like typical interference problem, try changing the channels on the wifi and use 5Ghz if your router support it.

Thanks. Didnt know they ran the same frequency.

happy to help :)