Should I run the AIO Fans with PWM or plug each fan into CPU1 & CPU2?

Go to solution Solved by DXMember,

does you AiO not come with a PWM splitter?

I would plug the Pump in CPU_1 header - because if the pump dies Motherboard will detect it as critical failure and will not allow you to damage CPU, also will give a nice warning.

Plug your fans into PWM splitter and then connect to CPU_2 - this will allow Motherboard to control fan speed auto-magically without you needing to setup any custom curves.

It is good that your fans spin at only 650 RPM - that makes them quiet.

If you are still paranoid you should monitor your temperatures at idle and at load.

Launch a stress test like IntelBurnTest or AIDA64 and watch both your CPU Temp rise and Fan RPM to spin up.

So with the MSI Krait when I plugged the PWM fan splitter into CPU1 and plugged the fans into the splitter and I noticed the fans are spinning pretty slowly and I'm sorta confused on why? (AIO came with a PWM splitter)

I used MSI Command Center and it shows the fans spinning at around 650Rpm.

With my older FX MSI board the fans would spin around 1500rpm - 2000rpm from the start of turning on the desktop but with this Krait motherboard they spin at a super low speed.

Anyone know why this is happening?

Any help would be great!

Thanks.

post-68968-0-12960500-1437895853.jpg

Intel Core I7 7820X | Asus Rampage VI | Gigabyte RX 580 XTR | 32GB Crucial Ballistix | NZXT Kraken X62

ADATA XPG 256GB PCIe| Cosmos C700P CM | Lepa MaxPlatinum 1050W

tell the mobo to put them on full whack

Shouldn't the fans spin up when the cpu temp goes up if they are plugged into the Pwm fan header?

Intel Core I7 7820X | Asus Rampage VI | Gigabyte RX 580 XTR | 32GB Crucial Ballistix | NZXT Kraken X62

for fans do cpu 1 and 2 because if ir emember right itll tell the fans how hard to run depending on the temps of the cpu. dont just throw them at full blast and have a god awfully loud system for no neccesary reason.

askdjfasdf

for fans do cpu 1 and 2 because if ir emember right itll tell the fans how hard to run depending on the temps of the cpu. dont just throw them at full blast and have a god awfully loud system for no neccesary reason.

Currently I have both fans on Cpu1 with a Pwm splitter

Currently I have both fans on Cpu1 with a Pwm splitter

thatll work jsut fine.

askdjfasdf

does you AiO not come with a PWM splitter?

I would plug the Pump in CPU_1 header - because if the pump dies Motherboard will detect it as critical failure and will not allow you to damage CPU, also will give a nice warning.

Plug your fans into PWM splitter and then connect to CPU_2 - this will allow Motherboard to control fan speed auto-magically without you needing to setup any custom curves.

It is good that your fans spin at only 650 RPM - that makes them quiet.

If you are still paranoid you should monitor your temperatures at idle and at load.

Launch a stress test like IntelBurnTest or AIDA64 and watch both your CPU Temp rise and Fan RPM to spin up.

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K