GPU OC torture test

bennyino

Hello everyone!

the title is preety self explanatory, what should i use to stress test a gpu overclock?

thank you and i hope this helps other newbs like me

Running furmark as we speak :) i will try games later to see if it's trully stable, om just running the 1080p 15min burn test, should i run it longer?

i ran furmark and it didn't crash, launched css and it crashed as soon as i joined a game am i testing it wrong?

No, furmark is really bad for testing over clocks. Try 3D Mark or Unigine Heaven

3DMark: http://www.futuremark.com/benchmarks/3dmark

Heaven: http://unigine.com/products/heaven/

Heaven starts up faster, so it is better in my opinion. But run 3DMark a couple of times to be sure.

Furmark is very inconsistent, it is best for checking how hot your GPU can get.

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

Furmark can damage your GPU because the temperature can spike and overheat your GPU in an instant. The test is more like a worse case scenario kind of thing and to test it if it can handle it and finding out the maximum power consumption. I would use 3DMark and Heaven like fishymamba said.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

i ran an oc on both furmark and 3d mark11 and it completed it just fine but launched css and crashed. the temperature didn't spike, i got 70ºC on my hd7770 oc edition from saphire which is just 6ºC more than when running 3d mark. i'll try unigine later today

3DMark 11 and Unigine are too soft. Run it through 3DMark (Just 3DMark) at least 3 times.

i ran through unigine, css and crysis 3 beta and it hasn't crashed. is that the new one that come out like 3 days ago? i was having some issues with that, couldn't start it sometimes, midway crash at stock, didn't show results...