Buget gaming PC ideab

Guest Johnny5g
Go to solution Solved by Guest Johnny5g,

What's your budget and is your PC just for gaming because Intel would be a better choice for game and that CPU is pointless

it is not for me so what ever gamers think. I am not one.

Hello gentleman, simply answer this questions so we help you with best we can. It is so confused right now

1. Budget & Location2. Aim3. Monitors4. Peripherals5. Why are you upgrading?

hum

He's not making this for himself, he's going to start a pc build company.

not to be rude i have already started it. It is BlueRas.

The 9370 heats like a nuclear reactor, don't use it. If you really want a 8 core amd build, use the 8320, 8350, or 8370. If I'm correct, none of those cpus have onboard graphics, so you'll have to budget in a graphics card. Also, if this is a budget gaming pc, you don't really need the extra cores anyways. I would go with either the pentium g3258 (although it is only a dual core), the athlon 860k, the fx-6300, or an i3.

i have changed to the 6300.

Alright I can put together a few things. $800 would be good to get a nice i5 with room to upgrade later on to something like a 4790k. The PSU will be big enough to and reliable enough to last awhile. How does $800 sound?

i want to make a $100 profit. What do you think the consumer.

well why I wanted it because it has a liquid cooler with it and the analytics seam good. What is so bad about it?

Price to performance is bad for it. It's JUST an overclocked 8350, nothing else. Also, i saw somewhere that the MSI 970 krait motherboard and most 970 boards as a whole can't really support the 200+W TSP of the 9 series chips. You would be a lot better off spending the $125 US on a 8320 and a $100 240mm AIO over the $225 of the 9370 and a 120mm AIO.

i have changed to the 6300.

then you will have to budget in a graphics card also as the 6300 doesn't have onboard video, not to mention any decent gaming rig should have a graphics card. I recommend the 750ti. 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ NCIX US)

Motherboard: ASRock H97 PERFORMANCE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($79.99 @ Newegg)

Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Red 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($48.49 @ SuperBiiz)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($52.49 @ OutletPC)

Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB Video Card ($329.98 @ SuperBiiz)

Case: Corsair SPEC-01 RED ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.98 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($46.99 @ NCIX US)

Total: $797.91

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-07-23 20:38 EDT-0400

You can advertise this as easily upgradable and reliable. Easily add another 1x8 kit for 16gbs dual channel ram. Could add a SSD if wanted. Get windows of g2a or reddit and charge upwards $100-$150 more. I can throw together something for $450 that'll be even more budget that's a black / blue theme. Style sells in prebuilt PCs. You can also do a company where people give you a budget and parts and you gotta tell them what the labor cost is and pretty much what you will charge them. So they give you a parts list, you can optimize it or come on here for,help with optimizing it. Ask them what they'd be doing, gaming, surfing the net, hardcore video editing and rendering ect... Tell them if they are spending way to much to way to less like $800 for a extreme video editing and rendering machine probably isn't enou but $1800 for a gaming build at 1080p is prob to much.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

thank you for that very much. I need to think about that and contact my Vice President.

It's an annoying market to get into (I've looked at doing it myself locally), and down at the bare bottom end of things you can't beat OEM machines for just everyday use and price. The higher the selling price of the machine the more you can get away with on your markup, since OEM PCs are great at the bare bottom end but when you get into the expensive 'gaming' machines the price to performance is awful and can easily be beaten.

If you want to sell a build based on performance, show a comparison of framerates in a few (Three or four) popular games that compare it to equally priced machines from OEMs, even the more expensive ones as long as your product still looks favourable.

LTT's fastest Valley 970, slowest Valley Basic and Extreme HD scores

Desktop || CPU - i5 4690k || Motherboard - ASUS Gryphon Z97 || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz || GPU - Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 *Cough* 3.5GB || Case - Fractal Design Define R5 || HDD - Seagate Barracuda 160GB || PSU - Corsair AX760

Price to performance is bad for it. It's JUST an overclocked 8350, nothing else. Also, i saw somewhere that the MSI 970 krait motherboard and most 970 boards as a whole can't really support the 200+W TSP of the 9 series chips. You would be a lot better off spending the $125 US on a 8320 and a $100 240mm AIO over the $225 of the 9370 and a 120mm AIO.

i now put in the FX-6300.

then you will have to budget in a graphics card also as the 6300 doesn't have onboard video, not to mention any decent gaming rig should have a graphics card. I recommend the 750ti.

thank I have used the 750ti and I like it.

It's an annoying market to get into (I've looked at doing it myself locally), and down at the bare bottom end of things you can't beat OEM machines for just everyday use and price. The higher the selling price of the machine the more you can get away with on your markup, since OEM PCs are great at the bare bottom end but when you get into the expensive 'gaming' machines the price to performance is awful and can easily be beaten.

If you want to sell a build based on performance, show a comparison of framerates in a few (Three or four) popular games that compare it to equally priced machines from OEMs, even the more expensive ones as long as your product still looks favourable.

well if you have look at my profile I am 11 so that doesn't really matter to me. And yes my Vice President is real I am seeing if she can get an account.

i now put in the FX-6300.

FX Chips aren't good for the soul reason that a ton of games won't utilize those 6 cores. I reccodmend a nice i3.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

well if you have look at my profile I am 11 so that doesn't really matter to me. And yes my Vice President is real I am seeing if she can get an account.

but thank you very much :)

FX Chips aren't good for the soul reason that a ton of games won't utilize those 6 cores. I reccodmend a nice i3.

ok any i3s in particular?

If you're doing a PC building business and want a entry level gaming PC that can match competition while being, cool, reliable, and fast for gaming. You need to have ALL the parts. A GPU, Memory (it doesn't matter the brand really as long as it's around 1600 speed) and just all around good quality choices.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/T7gF6h

Something like that will leave you enough room to put in a parts and labor tax, and charge a tiny bit more for what it is so you can turn a profit. It's competitive, it will out do any gaming pc manufacture in price to performance, and it comes with all the bells and whistles. 

but thank you very much :)

No problem, just make your systems unique and then sell them on that. I hope it works out for you, because it can be quite profitable

Desktop || CPU - i5 4690k || Motherboard - ASUS Gryphon Z97 || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz || GPU - Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 *Cough* 3.5GB || Case - Fractal Design Define R5 || HDD - Seagate Barracuda 160GB || PSU - Corsair AX760

thank I have used the 750ti and I like it.

Go with something like the R7 370. Around the same price but it does out perform the 750TI from what i've seen.

If you're doing a PC building business and want a entry level gaming PC that can match competition while being, cool, reliable, and fast for gaming. You need to have ALL the parts. A GPU, Memory (it doesn't matter the brand really as long as it's around 1600 speed) and just all around good quality choices.

Something like that will leave you enough room to put in a parts and labor tax, and charge a tiny bit more for what it is so you can turn a profit. It's competitive, it will out do any gaming pc manufacture in price to performance, and it comes with all the bells and whistles.

you can do much better. That little r7 370 won't be worth it. I'd get an r9 380 minimum. If it's entry level a SSD doesn't really matter. Style sells in prebuilt a also. That's the one reason people Alienware is what I think.

ok any i3s in particular?

I'd suggest making 2 seprate options. One consisting of a overall cheaper amd build, consisting of the FX 6300 or the 860k, and a bit more expensive one, consisting of the I3.

you can do much better. That little r7 370 won't be worth it. I'd get an r9 380 minimum. If it's entry level a SSD doesn't really matter. Style sells in prebuilt a also. That's the one reason people Alienware is what I think.

People buy alienware mostly because they don't know what they're doing. People buy looks, too. But if someone sees "Oh this PC is faster than this one" that matters to a end user, and thats where the SSD comes in. It just helps sell an item, at least from what i've seen. Also, the 370 is a very good card for $140, 1080P in a lot of games at around 45FPS. Hell my 7870 still does VERY well in games. Now, yes, the 380 would be better, but this can be sold as "entry level, you can ask for more!" Or take some stuff away and make someone pay extra for a SSD, a better case, or what have you.

I would just like to add, a PC similar to that is what I've built a few times for people by offering the building service off craigslist. The only difference was they gave me a price and what they wanted to do and I would build around that. So it was mostly GPU changes, no SSD, bigger SSD, and so on. So this is just off my experience in a unofficial business.

No problem, just make your systems unique and then sell them on that. I hope it works out for you, because it can be quite profitable

thank you very much I hope to be the next Steve jobs and I hope you have a good day and more to come.

Go with something like the R7 370. Around the same price but it does out perform the 750TI from what i've seen.

ok thanks

You can make a much more sellable machine than that for less. You've got an SSD and 8 cores that you can tote and advertise, but in things like GTA if you compare performance it's gonna be the same if not worse than systems with weaker GPUs because of that FX chip.

If OP went for something like this with potentially a few tweaks to get the budget a bit lower and make it look more attractive, you can sell it on size, power, use HyperThreading as a buzzword, and get away with a pretty comfortable $50 margin whilst staying competitive. Add an SSD in there and you get another selling point, but potentially lower it's relative performance vs OEM machines at that price. It's a balancing act between markup, selling price and competition, with a little bit of marketing thrown in (How well it can be sold/built up to look like an amazing end-all system)

i have used this processer before and it is fine so I think I will keep it. Thanks anyway!

i have used this processer before and it is fine so I think I will keep it. Thanks anyway!

it's works fine but a i3 will be better. @Faceman can provide some benchmarks if you please :)