looking for 7.1 gamming headset

CcHiNTA
Go to solution Solved by ym1453,

7.1 surround sound in headphones is just a gimmick your much better off buying a good pair of headphones with a mod/moov mic for under 200$ I recommend you to pic up either a pair of beyerdynamic dt770/990( 770 if you can't use open 990 if you can)

as title i am looking for 7.1 gaming headset (good one) 

I liked the Kraken 7.1 but most people will recommend a 2.1 headset with a USB sound card to simulate the 7.1 surround. A true 7.1 headset that I know of is the Razer Tiamat and the Asus Strix but inb4...

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

I had a pair of G35's which had this virutal surround as well, and they did NOT sound good.

I suspect the other "7.1 gaming" headphones or headsets do not sound any good as well, you'd be better off looking at a good pair of headphones and getting a modmic.

7.1 surround sound in headphones is just a gimmick your much better off buying a good pair of headphones with a mod/moov mic for under 200$ I recommend you to pic up either a pair of beyerdynamic dt770/990( 770 if you can't use open 990 if you can)