Windows Security patches/fixes?

AstroBenny
Go to solution Solved by Mindstab Thrull,

These are two different things. The security patches that Windows provide actually change a file on your computer - if you like, it's the equivalent of a game patch. These aren't always the same kind of patches that AV's would give. For example, hypothetically there might be a piece of badly-written code for Internet Explorer that allows someone to use it to connect to your webcam and watch what you type. This isn't a virus, but it's a problem that needs fixing, so Microsoft will ship out an update to fix it, because it's Microsoft that's responsible for Internet Explorer.

When doing Windows updates and you download security fixes do these apply seperately from any anti virus you have installed ? Surely it should be the anti virus programs providing security patches, not Windows update?

I don't like 2D games...I just couldn't get into them.. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

These are two different things. The security patches that Windows provide actually change a file on your computer - if you like, it's the equivalent of a game patch. These aren't always the same kind of patches that AV's would give. For example, hypothetically there might be a piece of badly-written code for Internet Explorer that allows someone to use it to connect to your webcam and watch what you type. This isn't a virus, but it's a problem that needs fixing, so Microsoft will ship out an update to fix it, because it's Microsoft that's responsible for Internet Explorer.

That makes sense :D

Cheers

I don't like 2D games...I just couldn't get into them.. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)