Overclocking My GTX 670

InfinityHardware

So I am building a computer for my friend and I plan on overclocking the 670 that is in it. It is a reference design by PNY with the reference card single fan cooling. So I have a few main questions.

Right now I plan on getting heaven to stress test then checking temps with some variant of 3D Mark and I'm am going to try to keep it at or under 70 degrees Celsius. Also, I'm not sure how to get heaven and I don't know if it is free. So, is this a good way to test my overclocks? And what actual overclock program should I use. I was thinking MSI Kombustor but I'm not sure.

Also, I am new to graphics card overclocks so any tips would be appreciated.

3DMark Vantage is known to be very stressful, use it to test stability.

Also the new 3DMark that have just been released is also said to be very stressful so if your overclocks aren't stable it won't pass the 3DMark test.

I would personally advise you not to overclock the card since it has a reference design cooler.

Also the new 3DMark that have just been released is also said to be very stressful so if your overclocks aren't stable it won't pass the 3DMark test.

I would personally advise you not to overclock the card since it has a reference design cooler.

Is the new 3D Mark free and where can I ge it? Also I think it is ok to overclock as long as my max temps are low enough still. Toms hardware did an overclock test with multiple 670s including the refrence design.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-670-test-review,3217-13.html

670s overclock really well on reference, actually.

I clearly remember Linus & Slick mocking the 670 reference design in the last Live Stream .

I agree, they did say that. I cried a little. But by the looks of that Toms Hardware review, it overclocks pretty well. But one thing is sure, the PCB design and 6 pin inputs are placed in the middle. Which sucks.