old cpu 4790k new PSU, Case advice

Go to solution Solved by Octavialicious,

M12-II EVO good enough? or should I go to S12G.

What's so wong with corsair?

Any other good brands? How's fractal design? Silverstone? Better Cooler master ? Zalman psu's?

Any sea sonic will do, and some cooler masters are ok. Corsairs psus just use cheap capacitors etc.

Hello Everybody, Last summer I have bought a pre-built PC (it was my first Tower in long time so didn't want to build it myself as I haven't done so since circa 2005)

So the PC components were

CPU: i7 4790K, stock cooler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8Gb

MB: MSI B85M-P33

HDD: Seagate Baracuda 7200RPM 1TB

PSU: Qori ATX 550W generic piece of poop with 12cm fan but still loud

Case : HAVANA 535R mATX generic piece of crap, pics: https://goo.gl/78xhgk

So straight away I have put in my Samsumg 840EVO SSD from laptop as an OS drive, and ordered an ATI R7 250X GPU.

Recently swaped the MoBo to Asus z97m plus and RAM to Crucial ballistix tactical 16GB CL8 kit.

So the question remains which PSU to upgrade to? I'm eyeing Corsair RM650 or Corsair CS650M as the price is right for me, don't wanna spend too much. For the case I'm conisdering Cooler master Silencio 452. For the cooler I'm thinking about Arctic Freezer i30

PC uses: ocasional video editing, lots of lightroom, rare gaming, lots of browsing and movie watching...

So I would like it to be as quiet as possible, and not pay too much.

Any advice appreciated, I live in Lithuania, so many things are quite pricey compared to US

Hello Everybody, Last summer I have bought a pre-built PC (it was my first Tower in long time so didn't want to build it myself as I haven't done so since circa 2005)

So the PC components were

CPU: i7 4790K, stock cooler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8Gb

MB: MSI B85M-P33

HDD: Seagate Baracuda 7200RPM 1TB

PSU: Qori ATX 550W generic piece of poop with 12cm fan but still loud

Case : HAVANA 535R mATX generic piece of crap, pics: https://goo.gl/78xhgk

So straight away I have put in my Samsumg 840EVO SSD from laptop as an OS drive, and ordered an ATI R7 250X GPU.

Recently swaped the MoBo to Asus z97m plus and RAM to Crucial ballistix tactical 16GB CL8 kit.

So the question remains which PSU to upgrade to? I'm eyeing Corsair RM650 or Corsair CS650M as the price is right for me, don't wanna spend too much. For the case I'm conisdering Cooler master Silencio 452. For the cooler I'm thinking about Arctic Freezer i30

PC uses: ocasional video editing, lots of lightroom, rare gaming, lots of browsing and movie watching...

So I would like it to be as quiet as possible, and not pay too much.

Any advice appreciated, I live in Lithuania, so many things are quite pricey compared to US

You can get an EVGA PSU instead

You can also get a better case depending on budget

Avoid Corsair and go for EVGA or SeaSonic, and that case & cooler will do fine :)

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Unfortunately we dont have EVGA Psu down here, it pretty much Corsair or Seasonic for me here. 

Don't forget XFX, and avoid the EVGA NEX750G.

Yup. My 850W XFX handled my 290X CF like a champ :)

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Unfortunately we dont have EVGA Psu down here, it pretty much Corsair or Seasonic for me here.

Definitely go for SeaSonic then

Definitely go for SeaSonic then

Any other good brands? How's fractal design? Silverstone? Better Cooler master ? Zalman psu's?

Any sea sonic will do, and some cooler masters are ok. Corsairs psus just use cheap capacitors etc.

Any other good brands? How's fractal design? Silverstone? Better Cooler master ? Zalman psu's?

This is what you need.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/404921-strmfrmxmns-psu-whitelist/

Corsair never makes there own power supplies, they are all some other brand with a sticker on the side, actually almost every power supply is like this, but corsair is never the best option when it comes to the build quality you get for the price you pay.