New Gaming Laptop and Desktop Rig questions

I am in the market for a new study/gaming laptop that will be my daily driver for around the 1200$ mark. I wanted to know what the community thinks of the

1)Asus G751JL

2) Asus GJ551

3) Acer V Nitro Black Edition

All three have i74720HQ, 16 gigs of ram and a gtx 960 or gtx 965.

They are about the same price however i was worried about noise and cooling. I am a CS student and I work on some pretty heavy workloads so my main priority is cooler temps (since the hardware performance should all be the same) and long life og the laptop.

A video on this maybe LTT? because they have covered any new budget gaming laptop that are from sort of reputed brands.

Also im done with building my new desktop rig, and i have 2 aio for cooling my gpu and cpu in my NXZT Noctis 450 case. I wanted to ask u guys how I should set it up-> the aios that is. cpu cooler is a nzxt kraken x61(240mm) and gpu is a evga hybrid for 980ti. 

The noctis case has 240 space at the top and 360 in the front with a 120 rear. I want guidance towards positive air pressure.

I hope LTT admins see this and make two videos around this since aio cooling is in the trend and guide to cooler temp cases with multiple aio setup is missing on the domain we call internet. And there is also the gaming laptop review. I am not willing to watch stuff from other channels where the host mumbles about god know what and would love to see these two videos on LTT soon. PLEASE LINUS MAKE THESE VIDEOS :P
Cheers!
-A huge Fan

snip

Have you checked out the MSI GE62 Apache / Apache Pro? This is quite a nice machine around your budget too.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

Have you checked out the MSI GE62 Apache / Apache Pro? This is quite a nice machine around your budget too.

how heavy is it n what about temps? my requirement is 16gb...

Thanks i will look into it :)

how heavy is it n what about temps? my requirement is 16gb...

Thanks i will look into it :)

Temps? Not really sure. I have never used this machine before, but almost got this one when I was shopping for a laptop for school like 4 months ago.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Temps? Not really sure. I have never used this machine before, but almost got this one when I was shopping for a laptop for school like 4 months ago.

ah ok... which one did u finally get? if u dont mind me asking

hey, i checked it out. but seems like its a a tn panel display not ips n i really like my ips display. :P what laptop did u finally end up buying?

ah ok... which one did u finally get? if u dont mind me asking

I got the Clevo P650SG. Specs in my sig. 

I got the Clevo P650SG. Specs in my sig. 

that looks sweet... how are the temps n how long has it been?

that looks sweet... how are the temps n how long has it been?

Idle CPU temps at about 40-ish to 50°C. Idle GPU temps at about 30°C to 38°C.

After playing GTA V for a a while, CPU temps at about 70°C-ish to about 80°C, GPU at 60-ish.

What do you mean by how long has it been?

Idle CPU temps at about 40-ish to 50°C. Idle GPU temps at about 30°C to 38°C.

After playing GTA V for a a while, CPU temps at about 70°C-ish to about 80°C, GPU at 60-ish.

What do you mean by how long has it been?

how long have u had the laptop for? ne problems with it? im concerned about sager's low battery performance? coz sager laptops have a max of 2 hours battery life i think... also the battery life seems to be low according to reviews... im honestly stuck between ur system and the asus g751jl which has a lower gpu(the gtx965m) but has 4+ hours battery life. I have a gaming rig (desktop) so i wont be using it for much gaming. my laptop would mostly be under heavy floating point computation and cuda based processing (im a CS student)... so i would need decend 3 hours battery life at idle and general lower system temps. So what do u think?

btw thanks for sharing the info with me.. really helping me decide here

how long have u had the laptop for? ne problems with it? im concerned about sager's low battery performance? coz sager laptops have a max of 2 hours battery life i think... also the battery life seems to be low according to reviews... im honestly stuck between ur system and the asus g751jl which has a lower gpu(the gtx965m) but has 4+ hours battery life. I have a gaming rig (desktop) so i wont be using it for much gaming. my laptop would mostly be under heavy floating point computation and cuda based processing (im a CS student)... so i would need decend 3 hours battery life at idle and general lower system temps. So what do u think?

btw thanks for sharing the info with me.. really helping me decide here

I had it like for about 4 months now. Mine isn't a Sager, because my local Clevo reseller isn't, but the build qualities of both should be sturdy. So far the only flimsy part of this machine I've seen it the screen. Not flimsy to the extend that it would crumble, but you get the point, the screen isn't as tough as the body. Without games, this can last me about 4 hours in class in high performance battery mode. This machine also comes with other variants like the P650SA which is the 965M variant and much cheaper, though often doesn't come with an IPS panel and the P650SE which is the 970M variant and comes rather common with IPS panels. 

And in case you need some reviews on this barebone, got some here.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Schenker-XMG-P505-PRO-Clevo-P651SG-Notebook-Review.132393.0.html

^Practically the same as the P650Sx series, just with a different finish

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/sager-np8651-clevo-p650se-with-gtx-970m-htwingnuts-review.765376/

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/sager-np8652-clevo-p650sg-with-980m-initial-impressions-and-review-by-htwingnut.767349/