Project Penguin

post-243146-0-85248800-1437551761.png

This is my first watercooling project and I'm really excited. I'm doing it because I'm not a fan of the coil whine on my gigabyte gtx 970. Plus I think it would look really cool. I still have to decide on if I want another 970. I think I will although it will extend the project time by at least 2 weeks because of the cost of the card and an extra gpu block plus the backplate. I called it project penguin because of the black and white colour scheme. I will be using ek parts wherever I can for this build purely because of looks and quality. And I also like everything to match.

Alright enough babbling the parts list is as follows:
Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540 (Aqquired)
CPU: Intel i5 4670K (Aqquired)
CPU Block: EK Supremacy EVO Nickel (Acquired)
MB: MSI Z97S Sli Krait Edition (Aqquired)
Graphics card: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 x2
GPU Block: EK FC970 GTX WF3 Nickel x2
GPU Backplate: EK FC970 GTX WF3 Backplate Nickel x2
Radiator: EK Coolstream PE Series 240mm x2 (Acquired)
Reservoir: EK Res X3 150 (Aqquired)
Pump: EK Vario XTop Plexi
Tubing: EK HD 12/16mm with EK HD fittings
PSU: Corsair RM850 (With a Cablemod black and white kit) (Aqquired)
SSD: Intel 530 Series 120gb (Aqquired)
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1Tb (Aqquired)
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4Tb

I'm still deciding if I should do hard tubing or soft but I'm leaning more to hard simply because I think it will be a really rewarding experience. I also need some suggestions about something. On the air 540 the 240mm rad in the front sits either high or low not in the middle. The 280 does though. I'm thinking about getting a grill that has 280mm holes for mounting the grill but 240mm holes as well that mounts the rad to the grill. I don't know how stable this would be though. I could just get a 280mm rad but then it wouldn't match the other radiator which would annoy me. Anyway I'd really like some suggestions while I try and think of new ideas. Sorry no pictures yet but there will be some when I get money for more parts. I don't want to be without a computer for longer than 2 days. Thanks guys stay tuned!

post-243146-0-85248800-1437551761.png

Subscribed. Though, why a 4670 and not a 4690?

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

My PC is Black and White too (The LED fans are technically "blue" but they look like a reeeeeaaaaally light blue and whitish so they're white). I should call it Project Polar Bear with Black Spots/Racing Stripes.

Seriously though, followed.

Subscribed. Though, why a 4670 and not a 4690?

I made my first computer 3 years ago and I haven't changed the processor still because it's still going kinda strong. If I need to upgrade I will probably get the 4790K or just the 4790

My PC is Black and White too (The LED fans are technically "blue" but they look like a reeeeeaaaaally light blue and whitish so they're white). I should call it Project Polar Bear with Black Spots/Racing Stripes.

Seriously though, followed.

Yeah I've never been a big fan of white led fans because they always seem to appear a little bit blue. I really like white led fans in a light-medium blue build though. Is it watercooled?

I will be uploading pictures in around 8 hours got to get some sleep now though. What I forgot to mention is that I painted the mesh on the case white. It definitely is not a great paint job but you can barely see the imperfections from a normal angle and distance. Still thinking about hiring a professional to paint it f

or me. I have realised that this will be a fair bit more expensive than I thought. I have to order new ram because my current 4x4gb has a really bad black and white paint job on it (My fault). I have decided that I am getting another 970 as well. Including shipping this will cost $1651 AUD. I am moving cities in a few months so I am going without the extra 970 and ram until that happens. So for everything I need to finish this build log it will be $610 AUD including shipping. Hopefully I will have the money for all of this in 2 weeks. Man would a sponsor help with this :/ Until the next update, cya!

Yeah I've never been a big fan of white led fans because they always seem to appear a little bit blue. I really like white led fans in a light-medium blue build though. Is it watercooled?

no.... sadly I can't afford a loop atm :/ maybe when (and if) I get a job in the electronics festival coming up in October here I might be able to get a few upgrades and a watecooling loop ;)

no.... sadly I can't afford a loop atm :/ maybe when (and if) I get a job in the electronics festival coming up in October here I might be able to get a few upgrades and a watecooling loop ;)

Best of luck to you

Ok so I just ordered the pump and the fittings. No getting out of it now, I have to do hard tubing. I will be connecting the res and the pump together with a  male to male 12mm EK fitting and the rest of the fittings will be black EK HD 12/16mm adaptors. I will be able to start planning my loop once they arrive. I haven't got the fans yet, on the back I have an AF140 and on the radiators I will have 2 SP120s each (With the white trim inserts of course). Before the fans arrive I will mount the rads with some green bitfenix spectre pro led fans I have lying around. (The black and green build I made didn't turn out so well) I'm going out for a bit then when I get back it's time for a clean out  so I can take some pictures for you :) Until the next post, cya!

Edit: I gave in and ordered the fans leaving me with almost nothing. But at least I only have $230 AUD including shipping left to spend which means I can order the rest of the parts in a week :) I'm glad it isn't taking as long as I thought.

Edited by PrettySlyForaWiFi

Went over my internet usage limit today. Then my parents asked me to fix their computer (which I made for them). Have to reinstall Windows and that means I have to download drivers. It is going to take a few hours because it's so slow. I'm doing this on my pc meaning I can't take any pictures today. Hopefully I can get some taken tomorrow :/