Cheap HDMI splitter/switcher

FrigidNinja
Go to solution Solved by EposVox,

Well there are plenty of cheap HDMI 1x2 splitters on Amazon, but I've not seen any with individual signal control. Even in big classroom setups, that's just done by turning either the monitor or projector off. (Most modern projectors have a freeze-frame/blackout/mute option so you don't have to fully power it down.)

So im hooking up a projector system for a church and they need to take an hdmi signal, and be able to send it to two different projectors, but be able to turn off the signal on one or the other. 

if anybody knows of anything like that please let me know.

it needs to be fairly  inexpensive. thanks! 

As far as I know, this doesn't exist. You can get a splitter or amplifier that will send the signal to multiple displays, but I can't find any that have the ability to turn one signal off. 

Well there are plenty of cheap HDMI 1x2 splitters on Amazon, but I've not seen any with individual signal control. Even in big classroom setups, that's just done by turning either the monitor or projector off. (Most modern projectors have a freeze-frame/blackout/mute option so you don't have to fully power it down.)

"Epic Voice, Quality Content"

My parents bought one a while back for their TV in their bedroom, and it had tons of problems. Never againTM

|  Athlon 750K   |   EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW  |  Acer Aspire E15 - i5 6200u, 940M  |

|  Sennheiser HD 518   |   FiiO E10K DAC and Amp  |

Moto G (1st Gen)

when you say turn it off at the other end  do you mean from the main input or one of the 2 outputs ( one of the projectors?)

thats what i was thinking, but the guy running it isnt the most 'tech savy' ill try and run him through it. thanks

when you say turn it off at the other end  do you mean from the main input or one of the 2 outputs ( one of the projectors?)

i mean be able to disable one of the two projectors from time to time, just gonna have him turn them off when not in use

i mean be able to disable one of the two projectors from time to time, just gonna have him turn them off when not in use

yeah or as EposVox said there should be a freeze frame or black out feature