Planned Build Log: Cannibal LR (CLR) 2016

PC Projects

Hi!

I'm going to do a build in a bit over a year. (August-ish 2016) I'll post the progress here.

The interesting thing will be the case, which will be as tiny as possible.

Until the rig is being built, I want you to submit your ideas about what parts to get and whatever else relevant. On July 17th 2016, the parts for the rig will be decided and ordered shortly. Around that time, I shall announce the parts and configurations I have decided upon and some time later begin the build log.

The parts I will list are subject to presumption and educated guesses. This rig will last me until I move to my own place. (Late 2018/Early 2019) I already own some of these components, so their price will not be included.

These parts are what I'm currently considering (will be edited whenever I decide I want to change something):

Custom (small) case

Samsung 860 EVO SSD 500GB

Intel Core i7-6770k w/low profile cooler

M.2 SSD 128GB Windows 10

Corsair CS750M OWNED

4×8GB DDR4 RAM @ 2400MHz

mITX Z170 socket 1151 (will upgrade when PCIe 4.0 comes out)

nVidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti 12GB or

AMD Radeon R9 "Fury X 2" 8GB HBM

External DVD R/W Drive OWNED (will rework standard drive to external)

2× Cougar 140mm fan OWNED

Estimated Price:~18,500 SEK/~2200 USD+case costs

EDIT: In response to the comments. This was meant as a long-growing discussion, which would end in near absolute clarity once we'd reached the time of upgrading. I wished for certainty and planning, causing no regrets once the build has been decided upon.

EDIT:

Because I want the LTT forum's help to decide how to build it. It may fit the New Builds and Planning subforum better right now, but the thing is: I want to make a build that's tiny, but with support for certain types of components. I don't know what Samsung's next SSD will be called or what it will cost, but I can guess. Once we start reaching July of 2016, we'll have a much better idea of exact specifications. But some things don't change much and therefore, I can list what types of components I want. Cases don't really go out of date, so I thought we could start discussing it already. I'll edit this into the OP.

The idea is that I want a case that can support a mITX board, a full-size PSU, The successor to the 980Ti, a normal SSD, an M.2 SSD, 2 140mm fans, and such. It should be custom and as tiny as possible. It will be finished in the late summer/early Autumn of 2016. I will design the case, and will begin to do so as soon as I can. What I want is the forum's input.

Its stupid to plan a pc build a year ahead. Wait till 2016 june 17th. Then go look at pc parts. Im not going to follow this topic because you cant make a build log without parts.

"I fart in your general direction" -The Frenchmen

Lots of predictions. I like you.

And it's 1151 not 1156 socket

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

Its stupid to plan a pc build a year ahead. Wait till 2016 june 17th. Then go look at pc parts. Im not going to follow this topic because you cant make a build log without parts.

Your following/not following does not concern me. The parts come second in this project. The reason they are mentioned and must be decided upon is that their specifications affect what can be done regarding the case. The case is the main focus. Right now, I'm unable to do much more than discuss this idea over the internet. Thus, the long advent.

Your following/not following does not concern me. The parts come second in this project. The reason they are mentioned and must be decided upon is that their specifications affect what can be done regarding the case. The case is the main focus. Right now, I'm unable to do much more than discuss this idea over the internet. Thus, the long advent.

I dont expect it to concern you.

To be honest this project seems realy cool, and i would follow it when you can actually start building it.

I just don't understand why you made this post.

"I fart in your general direction" -The Frenchmen

Looks like it will be good.  But maybe this should be transferred to the New Build and Planning Forum.  ;)

Looks like it will be good.  But maybe this should be transferred to the New Build and Planning Forum.  ;)

Well, this will BE a build log. It's just going to take a while.

I dont expect it to concern you.

To be honest this project seems realy cool, and i would follow it when you can actually start building it.

I just don't understand why you made this post.

Because I want the LTT forum's help to decide how to build it. It may fit the New Builds and Planning subforum better right now, but the thing is: I want to make a build that's tiny, but with support for certain types of components. I don't know what Samsung's next SSD will be called or what it will cost, but I can guess. Once we start reaching July of 2016, we'll have a much better idea of exact specifications. But some things don't change much and therefore, I can list what types of components I want. Cases don't really go out of date, so I thought we could start discussing it already. I'll edit this into the OP.