Cursor Virus

Go to solution Solved by Fluxx,

Just found this forum thread that was started a couple of days ago: http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/8279-mouse-cursor-has-randomly-enlarged-has-lines-going-through.html

Seems like they think it's a nvidia driver issue.

Hi, I recently downloaded a bunch of shady programs and I seem to have inherited a virus, or something of the sort. My mouse cursor is much taller than usual, and occasionally it will appear as a large distorted square. It also doesn't click exactly where the cursor is.

It shows up as a normal cursor in screenshots, and I've tried both malwarebytes and Windows Defender, and neither found anything.

Please Help.

post-236326-0-92029700-1437158260_thumb.

post-236326-0-92029700-1437158260_thumb.

That's what you get for downloading shady programs.

I assume you've tried uninstalling them?

CPU: 6600K @ 4.6Ghz | COOLER: H100i GTX | MOBO: Asus Z170 AR | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB | 

CASE: Corsair 760T | PSU: Corsair RM750x | STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & Seagate 2TB | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB | MOUSE: Deathadder Elite

Just found this forum thread that was started a couple of days ago: http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/8279-mouse-cursor-has-randomly-enlarged-has-lines-going-through.html

Seems like they think it's a nvidia driver issue.

CPU: 6600K @ 4.6Ghz | COOLER: H100i GTX | MOBO: Asus Z170 AR | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB | 

CASE: Corsair 760T | PSU: Corsair RM750x | STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & Seagate 2TB | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB | MOUSE: Deathadder Elite

This has to be it, I am using windows 10, and have a gtx 960, I'm also using beta mode for nvidia updates. I haven't fixed it yet, but thank you so much!!!! Now I at least know the problem.

I simply went to the last driver, and now everything is running perfectly. Thanks again!

I can keep my shady programs :3