DNS server not responding

Emil.n

Just as the title says, I get that message when I run the windows troubleshooter. It's been like this all day and I cannot connect with any device (wired or wiredless). Any tips? Tried flushing, releasing and renewing in cmd, changed the DNS server to the google one, still the same problem.

go into your IP settings and set your DNS to 8.8.8.8 (googles DNS). See if that helps.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

go into your IP settings and set your DNS to 8.8.8.8 (googles DNS). See if that helps.

Still the same error

Still the same error

reset your router? If that doesnt work contact your ISP.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Just as the title says, I get that message when I run the windows troubleshooter. It's been like this all day and I cannot connect with any device (wired or wiredless). Any tips? Tried flushing, releasing and renewing in cmd, changed the DNS server to the google one, still the same problem.

Most likely this has nothing to do with the actual DNS. Windows can show this error, if the connection is lost for any reason. Usually it means that the connection between your computer and router/modem is fine, but the router/modem doesn't have internet connetion.

Check my Video Game Photos on Flickr at https://www.flickr.com/photos/snakedrone/ ?

try and reboot your modem. if all else fails,  call your ISP or replace your wifi router. 

CPU - AMD R5 2600X @ 4.2Ghz                   
Ram - 1x16GB Patriot Elite 2400                   
GPU - Nvidia GTX 970 @ 1.4Ghz  
Motherboard - MSI X370 Gaming  Plus           
PSU - SilverStone Strider Series ST85F-P

Do you have a actual DNS server or is this the built in one? allso i know you tried google 8.8.8.8 dns but try there other one 8.8.4.4

I  have GameServer`s And VOIP servers the only price is that you have fun on them. 

reset your router? If that doesnt work contact your ISP.

Tried that about 10 times in an 12 hour interval, no difference whatsoever. :(

Most likely this has nothing to do with the actual DNS. Windows can show this error, if the connection is lost for any reason. Usually it means that the connection between your computer and router/modem is fine, but the router/modem doesn't have internet connetion.

Yeah moat likely, if I go onto 192.1681.1.1 it says "Not connected" on my internet status.. is there any other solution than calling ISP?

Do you have a actual DNS server or is this the built in one? allso i know you tried google 8.8.8.8 dns but try there other one 8.8.4.4

Everything is just set to automatic so I've no clue really. Tried that one already, no difference :(

Yeah moat likely, if I go onto 192.1681.1.1 it says "Not connected" on my internet status.. is there any other solution than calling ISP?

Check that the bills are paid? :D

But really, call them.

Check my Video Game Photos on Flickr at https://www.flickr.com/photos/snakedrone/ ?

Check that the bills are paid? :D

But really, call them.

Appearently everyone with the same ISP as I have are having the same issue.. :(

Appearently everyone with the same ISP as I have are having the same issue.. :(

Pull up command prompt (Search for cmd) and type in ipconfig, look under default gateway to see what your router's IP is (if you don't already know it). After that, type into cmd ping (whatever the IP address of your router is) -t, if that fails, your router is probably defective. Contact your ISP for a new one.

After that, ping 8.8.8.8 -t to run a constant ping. Look to see if it's responding or if it's a dropping connection.

Also, make sure that you haven't set yourself on a static IP. Also make sure DHCP is enabled on your router (assuming that you don't have a separate DHCP server).

If 8.8.8.8 does not respond to the ping, then there's a problem with your line. If your phones are coming over the same line then check them. If they're not working, then you know there's something wrong with the line. If they are working, then there's probably a problem at either your local cabinet or exchange (this is how it works in the UK anyway, not sure about 'MURICA). Either way, contact your ISP.

I assume you have rebooted your router? If not, then reboot it! This is one of the most common solutions to fix internet problems when I deal with customers.

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/