Onboard Audio question.

Go to solution Solved by Profquast,

You won't notice the difference between a realtek codec or a top-of-the-line DAC with a HyperX cloud. If it doesn't get loud enough get an amp, but it probably will so you're good.

Backstory

Im thinking of getting the Hyperx Cloud headset and a Asus Maximus Ranger motherboard thinking "Ah this is great! The fantastic onboard audio on that thing is gonna let me use this headset without a soundcard" (many reviews have said that the cloud sounds lackluster if not equipped with a soundcard).

The motherboard uses the "SupremeFX 2014" which is just a realtek sound chip (but which chip is unknown) made out of "better components" but of course asus doesn't tell that.

Question

But there might still be hope!

"Sonic SenseAmp is a ROG invention that detects headphone impedance (below 65 / 65 ~ 150 / 150 or higher ohms) and adjusts the built-in amp automatically, for pitch-perfect listening right away!"

And the Hyperx Cloud has a impedance of 60 ohms, does this mean i can still use it perfectly?

And if not should i get a different headset (something like the cloud 2 or Asus Orion) or a better audio system?

You won't notice the difference between a realtek codec or a top-of-the-line DAC with a HyperX cloud. If it doesn't get loud enough get an amp, but it probably will so you're good.

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~