Looking for the perfect keyboard

Jorge_lsca

Hi guys. As the title says I'm looking for the perfect keyboard, I'm currently using a CMStorm Quickfire Rapid, I have it for about three years now.

Recently I got a job where 70% of the time I have to input numbers and as you may know my keyboard is a "tenkeyless". So I started looking for a keyboard with a numeric pad but a small form factor something like a Quickfire TK (is the one that has a numeric keypad and arrow keys all together) but I'm not completely sure about buying that one.

Long story short, I'm looking for a keyboard that meets these requirements (or most of them):

1.- Tenkeyless-form factor (Something that has a numeric keypad but with a small footprint, as stated above)
2.- CherryMX comaptible keycaps (I have a set of keycaps I'm planning on using with the new one)
3.- Programmable Keys (Remap to whatever other key I need)
4.- RGB or at least good backlighting
5.- Solid contruction (I'm used to the one of my Quickfire Rapid)

Bonus: Cool multiple backlighting modes.

Basically something like a "Quickfire TK 2.0" because the current one does not feature remapping or RGB lighting.

I'm asking for your help because I only know the most common keyboards from the most common brands. (Razer, Corsair, Cooler Master, Thermaltake).

Thanks.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

CPU AMD A8-7650K || Motherboard Asrock mini iTX FM2A88X-ITX+ || RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || GPU ASUS STRIX GTX950 || Case BitFenix Prodigy || Storage Kingston SSD 128GB & WD 2TB HDD || PSU EVGA 650GS || Display ASUS VE228 21.5'' || CPU Cooling Noctua NH-D15 || Keyboard CM Storm Quickfire TK Cherry MX Blue || Mouse Corsair M60 || Sound 4xJBL Speakers

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

RGB is going to make your quest pretty much impossible since corsair are the only ones with RGB cherrys.

and I dont think they make a mech tenkleyless.

correction the k65 is but it has no numpad period.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Razer isn't good, Kailh sucks :/

If you want RGB get the Corsair K70.

If you don't really care get a Ducky.

Currently roaming the forums in boredom

I like mice and keyboards and the sort

Formerly TheFlurryGames

Steelseries 6gv2 is pretty good! The apex if you want pretty colors!

If you want the 6gv2 you need this one because it's Cherry: http://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-6Gv2-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard/dp/B0038X3ZVM

The Apex isn't even mechanical...

Formerly TheFlurryGames

Gah sorry! It does have pretty colors though ;)!

;)

Formerly TheFlurryGames

If you want the 6gv2 you need this one because it's Cherry: http://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-6Gv2-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard/dp/B0038X3ZVM

The Apex isn't even mechanical...

Nope, there is a mechanical Apex. There are 3 versions of it, the most expensive one being mechanical (non-Cherry MX)

- Apex Raw (white backlight / Membrane)

- Apex (RGB / Membrane)

- Apex M800 (RGB / Mechanical - NOT Cherry MX)

Nope, there is a mechanical Apex. There are 3 versions of it, the most expensive one being mechanical (non-Cherry MX)

- Apex Raw (white backlight / Membrane)

- Apex (RGB / Membrane)

- Apex M800 (RGB / Mechanical - NOT Cherry MX)

I know that the Apex M800 is Mechanical, but we were talking about the Apex.  Either ways, it is not Cherry and is extremely overpriced.

Formerly TheFlurryGames

Thank you for your quick responses guys. That's why I love LTT Forums.

The Apex is too big for me I need something smaller and actually the link sent me to a review that titles "SteelSeries Apex is a supersized keyboard for any gamer".

CPU AMD A8-7650K || Motherboard Asrock mini iTX FM2A88X-ITX+ || RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || GPU ASUS STRIX GTX950 || Case BitFenix Prodigy || Storage Kingston SSD 128GB & WD 2TB HDD || PSU EVGA 650GS || Display ASUS VE228 21.5'' || CPU Cooling Noctua NH-D15 || Keyboard CM Storm Quickfire TK Cherry MX Blue || Mouse Corsair M60 || Sound 4xJBL Speakers

Ducky do a good tkl

VA87M is very sleek kinda want one myself

Filco do a nice tkl expensive but very tough

It's reddit but it's handy

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

I am going to be weird and throw out there that maybe you should consider building yourself a phantom. It has everything you would be looking for, but you would have to solder it together yourself. However you would be able to source whatever switches you want. Plus you would be able to set the layout of the keyboard to literally anything.

I'll link the pcb if you would like to look into it yourself: http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=536

Current Keyboards: Ergodox w/ clears, Poker 2 w/ clears, Ducky G2 Pro w/ Blues

I am going to be weird and throw out there that maybe you should consider building yourself a phantom. It has everything you would be looking for, but you would have to solder it together yourself. However you would be able to source whatever switches you want. Plus you would be able to set the layout of the keyboard to literally anything.

I'll link the pcb if you would like to look into it yourself: http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=536

Yes that is the exact layout i'm looking for. I'll read more about this "Phantom" thing. Looks damn interesting.

Ducky do a good tkl

VA87M is very sleek kinda want one myself

Filco do a nice tkl expensive but very tough

It's reddit but it's handy

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/

I second the Filco. I've gone through many mech's. IMO best built/quality mechanical keyboard but expensive. Think i dropped 160 or 170 on my Filco mx browns TKL. But no regrets, I love it.