Under volted Proformance Fans Near/As Quiet as Quiet edition fans?

ChaoticWolf

I was wandering if I got Corsair Air Series SP120 Performance Edition fans and used my fan controller to under volt them, would they be as quiet or close to Corsair Air Series SP120 Quiet Edition? I want the option of having performance when I'm gaming and having a quiet PC while I'm trying to sleep.

"Mentally Unstable Like a Fox!"

Don't you turn your computer off or even put it in sleep mode when you're asleep?

Save power mang.

Yes, but I will tell you one thing, the Quiet Editions are not quiet on 12v as I mistakenly bought them and have 3 in my rig. So I'd probably get the quiet editions and undervolt them even.

Thanks for the input, I think I might just get the Quiet Editions and see what their like, they are only $23. One more question, should I get SP120's for my front intake/HDD cooler or AF120's?

"Mentally Unstable Like a Fox!"

The only difference between quite edition corsair fans and performance is speed. other than that they are the same. TTL covered them in a video a while back, I have 2 SP120 PE on my 212 evo and 1 140AF QE on my case as an exhaust

they are nice fans

I myself have two SP120s performance undervolted on my heatsink and they run pretty quiet and keep my CPU cool. As for case fans, I have one AF120 as intake and one as exhaust.

Go for SP for intake IF there isnt much airflow e.g. a case panel or whatever in the front, and go for AF otherwise ;)

TTL said something about this. Even if you undervolt the performance ed fans they're still louder than the quiet ed fans. Something nice about the quiet fans is they can run at 350 RPMS, if you can control them well enough. Kind of useless at 350RPMs but silent.... Just get Noctuas, I wish I would of. I think Linus said even Corsair knows Nocutas are really good.