I need help!

TechyNoob

So I was just building my first PC! But whenever I turn on the power supply and press the on button it doesn't boot up! So i'll walk you through exactly what happens. First, I install a new optical drive, plug in the power supply cord that goes wiht it, then the sata 3 cable. Next i install a new fan, plug it into power supply then the Cha-Fan2 on the motherboard. Next I put the front case protector on, turn on the power supply and this wierd thing happens, my front case fan is having these wierd electrical impulses with the LED's. Usually they run smooth, like a flash light. But no, this time they pulse and have a brighter light then lower light, and it's having this wierd shorting out thing. Next i take out the optical drive and fan, and it's still doing it. I don't know what to do and if you could help that'd be great! Thanks

So I was just building my first PC! But whenever I turn on the power supply and press the on button it doesn't boot up! So i'll walk you through exactly what happens. First, I install a new optical drive, plug in the power supply cord that goes wiht it, then the sata 3 cable. Next i install a new fan, plug it into power supply then the Cha-Fan2 on the motherboard. Next I put the front case protector on, turn on the power supply and this wierd thing happens, my front case fan is having these wierd electrical impulses with the LED's. Usually they run smooth, like a flash light. But no, this time they pulse and have a brighter light then lower light, and it's having this wierd shorting out thing. Next i take out the optical drive and fan, and it's still doing it. I don't know what to do and if you could help that'd be great! Thanks

What's your psu and total system?

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

Can you boot into bios?

No, my computer won't turn on, but the front case fan does... and it impulses 

Remove GPU and try again. Also  5x check if you have connected all the wires on their place. Try different extension cord too. Best course of action is to eliminate parts one by one.

Catman - a Wolverine wanna be 

Remove GPU and try again. Also  5x check if you have connected all the wires on their place. Try different extension cord too. Best course of action is to eliminate parts one by one.

You think maybe should just reassemble my computer back together?

You think maybe should just reassemble my computer back together?

Have you checked that everything and i mean EVERYTHING is connected properly?

Yeah, i know the hdd and ssd are plugged into motherboard and psu, cpu fan is plugged in, ram is installed correctly, psu is installed correctly, and i'm pretty sure i got everything plugged in correctly

Have you checked that everything and i mean EVERYTHING is connected properly?

Yeah, i know the hdd and ssd are plugged into motherboard and psu, cpu fan is plugged in, ram is installed correctly, psu is installed correctly, and i'm pretty sure i got everything plugged in correctly. Sorry i meant to quote 

No i was thinking to remove GPU and try to turn on PC. Then if it doesent work use different extension cord. After that try different wall socket. If you connected everything then problem is in power most likely. Faulty PSU or something. You can ask a friend to borrow you PSU to check that too. Or if you have some friends that have some exp in building call them to inspect your labor :)

Catman - a Wolverine wanna be 

be sure that the connectors from your power button  going into the motherboard are in the right place, they are tricky and small and there isno shame in  consulting your motherboards manual to make sure that they are correct. that is about the only thing that i could think of hope my advice was good, cheers.

:wub: hey

Hey guys, thanks for the help. I ended up just taking everything out, test booting the monitor with bare components and the psu worked again, i'm furthermore starting the build over, this time checking everything a little more carefully. 

Hey guys, thanks for the help. I ended up just taking everything out, test booting the monitor with bare components and the psu worked again, i'm furthermore starting the build over, this time checking everything a little more carefully. 

looking forward to seeing if everything woks out! Sucks that its your first pc tho

:wub: hey