Really Great Deal on 5820k (In-Store Only)

dmc3159

That's an okay deal. Micro Center always has that price becasue you can only pick it up in-store.

A 5820k for the price of a 4790K, Damn

Too bad it's still way more expensive if you factor in the price of X99 and DDR4 though :/

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

Don't forget about your state taxes people.

CPU: i7 6850K RAM: 64GB 3200Mhz Mobo: EVGA Micro2 PSU: EVGA P2 850W GPU: EVGA 1080 Ti FE

Case: Fractal Design Node 804 Cooler: NH-D15S

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 256GBSandisk Ultra II 960GB

Don't forget about your state taxes people.

Depends also on which state you are in, can vary from 0 to 10% if I'm not wrong.

Anyways, that price is standard at MicroCenter.

Everyday Rig: CPU: Intel i7 3930k (stock), Graphics Card: Asus Strix GTX 1080 Advance Edition, Ram: 32Gb 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance, Storage: 128Gb Samsung 830, 2Tb Seagate Barracuda, CPU Cooler: H100i GTX Noctua F12 iPPC 2000RPM and Gentle Typhoon 1850RPM, Windows 10 Pro, Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 80Gold, Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Keyboard: Corsair K65 Cherry Red,  Mouse: Razer Mamba TE

Really good deal on LGA 2011 5820K at microcenter for only 300

http://www.microcenter.com/product/437203/Core_i7-5820k_33_GHz_LGA_2011_V3_Tray_Processor

Yup, as everyone else they're always like that, they have even went down to 279.99 at my local store here in virginia before. They always have great deals because you have to live near one to reap the benefits.

Too bad it's still way more expensive if you factor in the price of X99 and DDR4 though :/

DDR4 is super cheap right now if you didn't notice.

Motherboards are still pretty expensive tho. There are some amazing budget (is that an oxymoron?) options though

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

DDR4 is super cheap right now if you didn't notice.

Motherboards are still pretty expensive tho. There are some amazing budget (is that an oxymoron?) options though

The cheapest DDR4 set is still a fair bit more expensive than the cheapest DDR3 set though. the gap did indeed become smaller though, hadn't seen that.

Still, that's the US. Outside of the US the price difference is probably still as big.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

New Jersey is 3.5% for Microcenter.  I grabbed a 5820k with an X99 deluxe and go $50 off from the bundle combo.

7900X, Asus X670-E ROG Strix , 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000, 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB NVME, Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME,  EVGA RTX3080TI FTW3

EVGA Supernova P2 1000 PSU w/ CableMod, Asus Xonar DSX, Lian Li Galahad 360, Hyte Y60, Corsair K70, EVGA Torq X10, (1) Alienware AW3418DW Ultrawide, (1) Acer Predator XB271HU 1440P, Logitech G535

I called Best Buy since I live in Orange county near a microcenter, and they fucking price matched it. 100$ off. 

(By the way I'm out of state for an internship if that means anything)

Yup, as everyone else they're always like that, they have even went down to 279.99 at my local store here in virginia before. They always have great deals because you have to live near one to reap the benefits.

the Nova/Fairfax on Nutley street?   :) 

That's the one I go to for parts.

the Nova/Fairfax on Nutley street? :)

Yup, it's about an hour drive for me but worth it ofc. It's sad there's only one in Virginia, I wish there was one closer to me. x_x

That 5820K has always been priced for much at Microcenter. What you need to do is just find a retailer (if you don't have MC close) and see if they'll pricematch it.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

the Nova/Fairfax on Nutley street?   :)

I use that one! :)

Yup, it's about an hour drive for me but worth it ofc. It's sad there's only one in Virginia, I wish there was one closer to me. x_x

What???? More people from Northern Virginia... I had no idea!

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

What???? More people from Northern Virginia... I had no idea!

Small world huh?

Welp, going to Orange County.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub