Balanced build?

Hi!
My old asus N55S is beginning to struggle when it comes to playing games. (It gets very hot)
So I figured, that I would try to build my own computer..
I have done some research and tried to make a good balanced build.. I am however not sure, if it's balanced. I have a few concerns:

1. My thought was to OC the i5-4690K and therefore I had to get a better CPU cooler, than the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo.

2. Is the CPU too powerfull for the GPU? (I don't really like to spend much more, so maybe I need to lower the CPU + maybe a less powerfull cooler?)

3. Do I need more cooling <-- Add one or two extra fans to the case?

My build:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/MtwWvK

Hi!

My old asus N55S is beginning to struggle when it comes to playing games. (It gets very hot)

I have done some research and tried to make a good balanced build.. I am however not sure, if it's balanced. I have a few concerns:

1. My thought was to OC the i5-4690K and therefore I had to get a better CPU cooler, than the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo.

2. Is the CPU too powerfull for the GPU? (I don't really like to spend much more, so maybe I need to lower the CPU + maybe a less powerfull cooler?)

My build:

The 212 evo will be more than enough for now, you can buy a better cooler later, if I were you i'd cheap out on the mobo/CPU and buy a more powerful GPU like the 290x/970/390.

EDIT: Also, 400W are NOT and I repeat NOT enough for overclocking.

Hi!

My build:

the cpu isn't too powerful, in fact it is a pretty balanced build

Sure, but I don't like the PSU really, why limit yourself so much in the fugure? Maybe get a 600W PSU and you should be able to run any single GPU card you would ever upgrade to. Not sure how I feel about the 960 since the $200 GPU market is a pretty packed and confusing one if you are willing to go with last years models or secondhand GPUs, but it's still a respectable card.

CPU:  Intel i7-4790K      Cooler:  Noctua NH-D14     GPU: ZOTAC GTX 1070 TI MINI     Motherboard:  ASUS Z97 Gryphon     RAM:  32GB G Skill Trident X     

Storage: 2x 512GB Samsung 850 EVO (RAID 0) / 2TB Seagate Barracuda     PSU: 850W EVGA SuperNova G2     Case: Fractal Design Node 804

I'd cut the ram by half and still get the evo cooler I heard it is pretty nice, I'd change the 960 for another GPU though.

Great build, I have the same CPU but if you are going to spend more time playing games, I would definitely get a better GPU because a CPU does not matter so much in games.

amnerd  B) Linux enthusiast. 

• CPU: Intel i5 4690k @3.5ghz  Motherboard: MSI U3 Plus Z97 GPU: Radeon R9 270x 2gb OC HDD: WD Green 3tb SDDs: Samsung 120gb, Kingston V300 120gb Case: Fractal Design Define R5 PSU: Corsair V650 Fans: Corsair AF14 x4 CPU cooler: Hyper 212 EVO (Upgrading soon)     

Hi!

My build:

Change the Cooler to hyper 212 Evo, Change the PSU and GPU. 

What is your budget?

Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($82.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($56.98 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($97.95 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card  ($334.99 @ B&H) 
Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($62.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $957.84
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-07-14 12:01 EDT-0400

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

On that PSU..

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/r7YkrH

Go for 4460 if your over budget.. Also 8GB ram is plenty for the vast vast majority of people.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

Do you plan on overclocking? Max Budget? uses for this pc?

Intel i5 4690k | NZXT Kraken x61 | MSI z97 Gaming 5 | MSI GTX 970 EVGA Supernova G2 750 G-Skill Ripjaws 16GB 2133mhz [2x8] | Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB HDD Samsung 850 EVO Series 250GB SSD NZXT H440 [black and Red]

Saving for a Dream rig :)

Since the OP part list shows no cost for the psu, I presumed that it was already owned.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($229.98 @ NCIX US)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S 55.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($64.99 @ Mwave)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($95.75 @ OutletPC)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($51.49 @ SuperBiiz)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($97.95 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 4GB Superclocked Video Card  ($219.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($39.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: be quiet! 400W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
Total: $800.14
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-07-14 12:07 EDT-0400

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Lavish: Well.. I haven't tried it before, but if it gives some extra power for the money it sounds like a good idea.. But it's my first time ever building a computer on my own, so I don't know, if it's really worth the money? :) But in the current build that's the plan.. (That's why I plan on gette the better cool.. however it sounds like, from the comments, that it's maybe is a bit overkill for this build)
The budget is about the same, as the price that already is on the list (800-900 I think)
The build is ment for gaming and regular use (I have a laptop for work-use).

brob: No, I don't have it already.. Everything has to be bought.. I don't know why it doesn't add a price on the psu.

To everyone else: Thanks for the quick response! It is really usefull. I will now use the next couple of days to read the comments and do even more research. Thanks so much! :)