So, I found this thing...

hey there... so I was browsing the catalog of one of the tech shops that I frequent for some really cheap tech and I came across this beauty thing...

2600_1.jpg

I have a build scheduled for December with the same base specs as my current rig... so... a question for the community...

Should I get this if I can find it and bench it for science or not? It costs around ~5USD...

$5? I mean the fan might be crap but can you mess up a heatsink THAT bad? Surely it would be better than like an Intel stock cooler.

CPU:  Intel i7-4790K      Cooler:  Noctua NH-D14     GPU: ZOTAC GTX 1070 TI MINI     Motherboard:  ASUS Z97 Gryphon     RAM:  32GB G Skill Trident X     

Storage: 2x 512GB Samsung 850 EVO (RAID 0) / 2TB Seagate Barracuda     PSU: 850W EVGA SuperNova G2     Case: Fractal Design Node 804

$5? I mean the fan might be crap but can you mess up a heatsink THAT bad? Surely it would be better than like an Intel stock cooler.

I'll be comparing it to an AMD boxed heatsink with stock fan on an A8-5600k running at stock speeds...

Temps will be taken at the exhaust side and compared with ambients using a medical mercury thermometer because I'm too cheap to get something better...