Is my card semi dead? (Apparently not)

Imabigmac

So I was playing GTA and all of sudden my monitors went black. I could hear and talk but couldn't see anything and the monitors went into power saving mode. Now it has done this a few times but each time the monitors would come back alive, however this time I had to restart and then on of my monitors refused to turn on. I then did a driver reinstall and still it wasn't working. So I tried a new displayport and still nothing, finally I tried HDMI and hey it works now. But I still can't use the displayports. My 980 is like two weeks old.... 

So I'm not quite sure what to do at this point. Help? 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Try a different displayport cable. (and a different display port monitor if possible)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

My guess is a dead card. Just RMA it, EVGA definitely don't bite. Shit happens, you probably just got a defective card.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Try a different displayport cable. (and a different display port monitor if possible)

I don't have either. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

If the card works with hdmi then it obviously isn't a dead card lol.  Also, if the card was crashing you would have been getting pop-ups saying the display driver has crashed.  Probably something wrong with your cable or your monitor.

If the card works with hdmi then it obviously isn't a dead card lol.

that is why its semi dead, it alos works with DVI. 

But why it just stop working is beyond me... 

Spoiler

Is the monitor only turning off during heavy load?

If that is the case, it all points to a faulty display port on your graphics card. The reason all of them is dead may be a faulty controller, or at the very worst a faulty core.

RMA it, even though the HDMI port works for now. In worst case scenario, it's only the start of your problems and fixing it as soon as possible is advisable. At the very least, you should involve EVGA customer support, even if you don't want to part with it for a few days.

Motherboard: Asus X570-E
CPU: 3900x 4.3GHZ

Memory: G.skill Trident GTZR 3200mhz cl14

GPU: AMD RX 570

SSD1: Corsair MP510 1TB

SSD2: Samsung MX500 500GB

PSU: Corsair AX860i Platinum

Is the monitor only turning off during heavy load?

If that is the case, it all points to a faulty display port on your graphics card. The reason all of them is dead may be a faulty controller, or at the very worst a faulty core.

RMA it, even though the HDMI port works for now. In worst case scenario, it's only the start of your problems and fixing it as soon as possible is advisable. At the very least, you should involve EVGA customer support, even if you don't want to part with it for a few days.

Well the monitor just didn't work at all. 

But I got it working.... 

Im not sure how though and or why what I did would remotely work or not have worked previously. It seems it was windows fault handling the multiple monitors I had to change from extended the display to show only one, then restart and then I has able to select "extend displays" again and it worked. So not sure how that worked seeing how it would not even detect the DP monitor. 

Spoiler

Hey, I have the similar problem as yours, seems like I'm not the only one! Been googling this problem for months, no luck yet.

As far as I know, this problem don't have a specific pattern nor a specific way to trigger it, for me, it just randomly happens from time to time, I have to force restart my PC for it to get back to normal. I've tried uninstalling the driver completely using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller, free from Geeks3d) and reinstalled a fresh install, and now I'm waiting to see if it happens again. Here is my post I posted earlier, you're welcome to come and follow.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/406769-pc-is-crashing-but-stress-test-results-are-normal-cannot-pin-down-which-hardware-is-causing-it/

EDIT: You only have had your card for 2 weeks, that should still be under vendor/store warranty since most vendors/stores offer 30 days exchange or refund if anything goes wrong, I'd suggest giving them a call and get it exchange or refund, its the safest bet.

Hey, I have the similar problem as yours, seems like I'm not the only one! Been googling this problem for months, no luck yet.

As far as I know, this problem don't have a specific pattern nor a specific way to trigger it, for me, it just randomly happens from time to time, I have to force restart my PC for it to get back to normal. I've tried uninstalling the driver completely using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller, free from Geeks3d) and reinstalled a fresh install, and now I'm waiting to see if it happens again. Here is my post I posted earlier, you're welcome to come and follow.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/406769-pc-is-crashing-but-stress-test-results-are-normal-cannot-pin-down-which-hardware-is-causing-it/

Very interesting from what I can tell is that its a common problem. I might just switch over to HDMI seeing how I'm not loosing anything by doing so and see if that solves the problem. 

Spoiler

it's driving me nuts that I couldn't find anything remotely close to my problem, and I've tried most common troubleshoot and the problem is still persists, NVIDIA haven't even said nor mentioned anything related to this specific problem.

My case, however, has happened quite a few times already and it first started while I was playing GTA5, and now Witcher 3. I might try rolling driver back to 350 as someone mentioned that it help them solve a problem similar to this.

it's driving me nuts that I couldn't find anything remotely close to my problem, and I've tried most common troubleshoot and the problem is still persists, NVIDIA haven't even said nor mentioned anything related to this specific problem.

My case, however, has happened quite a few times already and it first started while I was playing GTA5, and now Witcher 3. I might try rolling driver back to 350 as someone mentioned that it help them solve a problem similar to this.

http://forums.evga.com/DisplayPortMonitor-not-always-Detected-m2231237.aspx 

Similar problem but also different drivers. Chances are it is something else causing us grief as but Displayport being an issue is not unheard of. 

Spoiler