AMD Upgrades.

I've recently upgraded to a FX 6300  and I've never been happier.  I got to 5ghz stable and running to my amazement extremely cool quite easily.

I ran a 6300 for a while and it was awesome! the only reason i don't still run it is i was building an htpc and i decided to get an 8350 and put the 6300 in the htpc :)

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Steamroller is supposed to roll out at the end of the year, and hopefully AMD will have mATX chipsets and pcie 3.0. If AMD unveils mATX motherboards for Steamroller, I will probably be upgrading from my Core 2 Quad, which is sad because my Core 2 Quad still has better single threaded performance than the new Haswell chips let alone Vishera.

Im sorry but there is NO WAY IN HELL you single threaded performance is better than haswell....

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

I do like gigabyte. And I know I would like to upgrade every 3 years but you never know, after everything I might think the 8320 is still great and usable. And thinking how that this machine will be pretty much a beast, it'll still be great in 3 years and my priorities might change. 

But the board is all black and happens to be gigabyte. If there really is performance drop then I would take it for all black and still be 100 bucks. All I really want in a board is crossfire, usb3, and sata 6, and average overclocks. Maybe more than average, we'll see how my luck is

A few members have had some issues with the gigabyte 990FX UD3 throttling their 8350s even at stock due to poor VRM cooling, the only fix was to point a fan at the VRMs to cool them off.

Gigabyte is releasing a new UD3 board, the rev 4.0, it's going to have significantly better VRM & northbridge cooling, make sure you get that one.

http://www.techpowerup.com/186972/gigabyte-rolls-out-990fxa-ud3-rev-4.html

He probably means his single threaded performance @ 4.9Ghz as compared to Haswell at stock.

No its impossible.

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

Ibsome what understand your situation. There is no way ull crossfire with pretty much any micro atx board. By they way you placed your sentence is that you are not sure that you computer case will not accept an atx mobo. So basicly if is a micro atx case. Like the size of pemanfucture PC like you by from best buy HP brand. Then know you will not be able to fi it usually. I'd reccomend getting a brand new case. A great case bang for the buck has lots of features and rubber grommets for HDD vibration. Too less trays that are half decent. I would reccomend zalman z9 case. Its realtivly cheap. Like 29.99 or Lil more for non zip lus to 50 buck for z9 plus. I have a z9 plus its awesome other than my fan controller was defective. Burnt 2 of my fans. I'd just say get regular z9 then we you don't have to skimp out on a good mobo and CPU that will give lots wiggle room. I was in same boat few days ago I was thinking getting micro atx.btbinwas heck I want full atx cause I can benifit from all the features.

lemme just fill you in, has to be micro atx, and i cant use 8 cores, maybe i can idk, they haven't figured that out yet. And I really would like to crossfire which you cant at all on micro atx and am3. So I would get a 6600k or 6800k and disable igpu and overclock that so i can have crossfire

Amd fx-8320 oc 4.1ghz, 8gb ram, gtx 780ti 3gb, 240gb ssd, 1.5tb hdd,

Im sorry but there is NO WAY IN HELL you single threaded performance is better than haswell....

My Core 2 Quad is clocked at 4.9GHz which beats an i7-4770K @4.0GHz in single threaded applications.

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

My Core 2 Quad is clocked at 4.9GHz which beats an i7-4770K @4.0GHz in single threaded applications.

Where are you getting this info? Cause is wrong as wrong can get

Where are you getting this info? Cause is wrong as wrong can get

Off topic, pm him.

So I think I am completely decided on full atx and getting a new case. But What I posted in pc partpicker as my first purchase was just kinda threw together. So I need case and motherboard recommendations. By now I think you guys know what I need, and I'm just curious what you guys' personal recomendations will be, so I can get an idea what's good. Case cost 50-100$

Kinda went for Mid range, But i have 2 of these boards myself and i love them http://ncix.com/products/?sku=67762&vpn=970A-G46&manufacture=MSI&promoid=1062

As for case.. The Carbide 300R comes in around 69$.  Alot of good features, But you can prob find more features for a couple more bucks.

Link isn't working for me, just going to homepage.

I just experienced my first Windows 8 BSOD. It's called watchdog violation...weird. I got it from trying to play battlefield 3... It may just be beta nvidia drivers, but I need to know what's up. This is a step by step upgrade so if I have bad hardware I don't want to mix that with my new hardware.

Link isn't working for me, just going to homepage.

I just experienced my first Windows 8 BSOD. It's called watchdog violation...weird. I got it from trying to play battlefield 3... It may just be beta nvidia drivers, but I need to know what's up. This is a step by step upgrade so if I have bad hardware I don't want to mix that with my new hardware.

It was the MSI 970A-G46 ATX 

what's the difference between 970 chipset and 990?

In chipset itself, there is very little difference (PCIe lines), but in motherboards, there is a difference in quality of components. If you plan to overclock etc. don't go with motherboard suggested above, go with good 140W+ TDP motherboard (mostly 990 cs).

In chipset itself, there is very little difference (PCIe lines), but in motherboards, there is a difference in quality of components. If you plan to overclock etc. don't go with motherboard suggested above, go with good 140W+ TDP motherboard (mostly 990 cs).

I'm just staring at these boards and idek man.... Lol. I noticed you have a similar build to me. Wondering if you play games much? Man I was playing borderlands 2 at 720p windowed and was still dipping to 15-20fps

I'm just staring at these boards and idek man.... Lol. I noticed you have a similar build to me. Wondering if you play games much? Man I was playing borderlands 2 at 720p windowed and was still dipping to 15-20fps

The new Gigabyte UD3 (Rev 4) is good, so as the M5A99FX & M5A99X from Asus, they're all around 120-140$.

A couple of good cases you might want to check out are the CM Storm Scout II & Corsair 300R .

To be honest, i had 970a-G46, and, that board should be better than g43 (they are basically the same, except this one don't have VRM heatsink and SLI support). For my configuration, this version (G43) works much better, but, i have to point out that i had problems with g46 motherboard from the start, even tho it worked well (for games), it wasn't what i wanted to. But this one is about 5-6c hotter for VRM's, even with CPU slightly undervolted.

But i can't recommend those boards (G43, G45, G46) for users who want to overclock their CPU's, and for users who use stock cooling and poorly ventilated case. Other than that, i can't be more satisfied with this motherboard, by far, everything works perfectly (with recent Windows updates - Win7), games without stutters etc. smooth as silk ;).

Maybe I could go more expensive on the board, and just a case and board as my first buy

Here is my build. http://www.overclock.net/lists/display/view/id/4657018

My cpu is a bit unstable. I get errors in p95 every 15 hours. This causes me to have some odd errors from time to time.

I want an 8350, but I can't find the tdp of my socket, but gigabyte says that it takes all fx cpus.

Here's the order that I think is best.

Some sort of stock 780

An asus am3+ matx board  and a nice heatsink with silent fans(you guys can recomend me some, but I'll figure it out if not)

big hard drive(not ready for ssds yet)

Quieter, psu, maybe more watts, so I can use it in bigger builds in the future.

Does this order seem good to you guys, or is something else I should change, and what do you guys recomend when I didn't name something specific.

I really would't put an 8350 on that board, the best bet you have is to buy a 8320 and a decent 970 board like an asus m5a97 non le or a gigabyte 970ud3, possibly a msi 970 g46.  You

Sigh. So I lost my job today. I'm sorry if you guys feel like you wasted time helping me but, i learned a bunch, so thanks. There's no way I can upgrade now, and if I tried I would be stupid. Sorry guys..

Sigh. So I lost my job today. I'm sorry if you guys feel like you wasted time helping me but, i learned a bunch, so thanks. There's no way I can upgrade now, and if I tried I would be stupid. Sorry guys..

Hope everything will come out good at the end for you. Good luck, all best.