Why do some places still over price old products?

91wow

So I was looking at frys the other day and they had a few 5870's on, and I am one who loves 5870's one of the best AMD cards in my opinion, but they had it priced at $350 open boxed, so my question is, why do places still have these cards sooo over priced. Isn't it good business to try to sell the old for cheaper and buy more new? 

They forget to decrease the pricing.

Stuff I have I like: Moto G - Superlux HD681 Evo - Monoprice 9927

90% of what I say is sarcasm.

I read the title of this thread and thought of apple.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

Stock vs Demand, plus it's not produced anymore. + People some still buy them because they think they need to replace the same part (or similar).

because they still need to make a profit or break even, they paid retail for it so they need to charge retail.

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Like honestly, it's a older card yet you are selling at a price that is as much as a 7970? It's kinda stupid.

I read the title of this thread and thought of apple.

Ya for a second before clicking the post I thought it was going to be about Apple.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

So I was looking at frys the other day and they had a few 5870's on, and I am one who loves 5870's one of the best AMD cards in my opinion, but they had it priced at $350 open boxed, so my question is, why do places still have these cards sooo over priced. Isn't it good business to try to sell the old for cheaper and buy more new? 

Yeah it's basically supply and demand.  It's usually not hurting the company to hold it in stock unless they have a ton of them (which they usually don't) so instead of making them dirst cheap they'll sell them high for people who would rather upgrade or replace one part than an entire rig or platform. 

"The doctors X-rayed my head and found nothing."  - Dizzy Dean

i7-4770K, ASUS Z87 Gryphon, EVGA GTX 780 Ti, 16 GB Kingston Fury RAM, Crucial M500 240 GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Seasonic 760W PSU, Asus BD, Phanteks Evlolv mATX (Gunmetal).

I doubt they even have any in stock, if they are too lazy enough to change the price I wouldn't be surprised if they were to lazy to change the availability of the product.

-Corsair 750D - MSI Mpower Z77 - 3570k @ 4.21 -Corsair H60- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz- Corsair RM850 - MSI 780 Lightning -256GB SSD- 2 1TB HDDs - LG 23' Flatron - Razer Death Adder - Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue - Logitech z506 5.1-

Project - Bloody Lightning

If people continue to buy they why would they change the price? If the thing sits on the shelf for a while they might lower it then. 

I doubt they even have any in stock, if they are too lazy enough to change the price I wouldn't be surprised if they were to lazy to change the availability of the product.

Went today they have 35 left in stock... and they won't go down on price.. xD