Cooling a AMD FX-9590

thunderfire123

Objectively, not really. I enjoy it and like to get the most out of my hardware, but is it going to make the slightest bit of difference when you're using MS Word or PowerPoint? No, not really.

Didn't even look at the GPU, was distracted by the CPU :P

Does this build even need a discrete GPU? @thunderfire123 when you say "light gaming" can you give some examples of what you mean?

If I get the 4690k I would not need a GPU right?

If I get the 4690k I would not need a GPU right?

It depends on what games you expect to be playing and at what quality, which is why I asked for examples.

It might be worth throwing in an R7 260X or 370.

I wouldn't. I doubt it will be as cheap as Windows 7 and Windows 7 comes with a free upgrade anyway.

It would, they are offering the upgrade for a year and everyone would buy window 7 and upgrade

It depends on what games you expect to be playing and at what quality, which is why I asked for examples.

It might be worth throwing in an R7 260X or 370

The main game I play is Magicka: Wizard Wars which I a very light game not needing much. And the compatibility notes for the part list, can you confirm it will or will not work?http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/ZwdYK8

The main game I play is Magicka: Wizard Wars which I a very light game not needing much. And the compatibility notes for the part list, can you confirm it will or will not work?http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/ZwdYK8

I would say onboard graphics are better than the 8400 GS, get a decent gpu and a lower end CPU and explore the magic of actual PC games.

tbh the i5 is complete overkill imo. I would get the i3 and no discrete graphics for that game.

and explore the magic of actual PC games.

Or this xD

tbh the i5 is complete overkill imo. I would get the i3 and no discrete graphics for that game.

Or this xD

I'm already getting rid of the 8400 since it has onboard graphics. I would like to purchase a good card but can't afford it. I would much prefer a better cpu at the moment.

It says the cooling may not be compatible wushu the case, how can I tell?

Just get this and a copy of windows for 25$ and start getting into real PC gaming, because you could make a rig that ran your games at over 9000 fps with only 400$.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($215.00 @ Canada Computers) 

Motherboard: MSI B85-G41 PC Mate ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($89.32 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 8GB (4 x 2GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($49.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston HyperX Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($67.99 @ Canada Computers) 

Case: Corsair SPEC-01 RED ATX Mid Tower Case  ($59.99 @ Memory Express) 

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($42.33 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $819.37

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-07-09 22:31 EDT-0400

Just get this and a copy of windows for 25$ and start getting into real PC gaming, because you could make a rig that ran your games at over 9000 fps with only 400$.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($215.00 @ Canada Computers) 
Motherboard: MSI B85-G41 PC Mate ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($89.32 @ DirectCanada) 
Memory: Kingston HyperX 8GB (4 x 2GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($49.99 @ Memory Express) 
Storage: Kingston HyperX Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($67.99 @ Canada Computers) 
Case: Corsair SPEC-01 RED ATX Mid Tower Case  ($59.99 @ Memory Express) 
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($42.33 @ DirectCanada) 
Total: $819.37
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-07-09 22:31 EDT-0400

Does OP even want to get into PC gaming? That should be up to them. For what they want they could just get an i3 4160 and no graphics card and not tell the difference.

I'm not comfortable recommending anyone get a greymarket OS either. You have to understand the risk you are taking and being fine with that. Do it for your own build, by all means, but I wouldn't recommend it to someone who doesn't understand what the risks are.