Cable question

don_svetlio

So I did a little re-routing of the PCIe cables to my GPU and used scissors to remove the cables ties. I am, however, scared that I might have damaged the cables. Everything seems fine, the PC is stable (been playing Shogun II for about 4 hours now). PC posts and everything. They are a little tightly pressed in the back. Is there a chance that I have slightly damaged them or if were that the case I would notice it immediately (PC not posting/starting/unstable).

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

there is a very small chance that you damaged them, and for the fact that the PC works, it is just as likely that you damaged them as it is that the manufacturer did. if you see bare copper anywhere, just put a piece of electrical tape over it. if any cable other than the negative wire contacts the chassis then the power supply will go into short protection and turn off.

there is a very small chance that you damaged them, and for the fact that the PC works, it is just as likely that you damaged them as it is that the manufacturer did. if you see bare copper anywhere, just put a piece of electrical tape over it. if any cable other than the negative wire contacts the chassis then the power supply will go into short protection and turn off.

I don't recall seeing any exposed cables, only pressed the scissors against them a little and their tight pressed against the case and sound dampening foam. Aida64 (which has normal readings I guess) doesn't report any abnormal voltages/temps. Everything seems to be as before. PC has been on for about 8 hours now, 5 of which has been spent in Shogun 2 and Mozzila with system at about 50% CPU and 60% GPU load.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

I don't recall seeing any exposed cables, only pressed the scissors against them a little and their tight pressed against the case and sound dampening foam. Aida64 (which has normal readings I guess) doesn't report any abnormal voltages/temps. Everything seems to be as before. PC has been on for about 8 hours now, 5 of which has been spent in Shogun 2 and Mozzila with system at about 50% CPU and 60% GPU load.

the likelihood of a cable being damaged at this point is as likely as me buying an apple product.

seems good then, enjoy the badass hero katana units.

Is there a chance that I have slightly damaged them or if were that the case I would notice it immediately (PC not posting/starting/unstable).

no

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

If I wasn't getting attacked by EVERY. SINGLE. CLAN. . . . (playing as Chosokabe vs a friend who is Mori). Got Sogo barring half my army and a Ninja has been screwing the other half of my army for about 4 turns.

the likelihood of a cable being damaged at this point is as likely as me buying an apple product.

Okay, thanks. I admit I was dumb enough to believe that since the PSU has 2 sets of 2 PCIe cables that splitting the load would fix the ticking (which I now am 99% is not the PSU but the loud as front exhaust fan that is dried up) so I routed the 2nd cable, plugged it in, zip tied it then went back and using scissors removed the zip ties and set the 2nd cable back down. (I also tried removing the zip tie by breaking it with a pen but that didn't work). At any rate, since it's all stable (yesterday furmark ran for about an hour without a crash) I think I'll just stop touching anything altogether. Thank you for your help guys.

no

no I haven't damaged them or no I wouldn't notice it? Sorry for the dumb question but it's a bit ambiguous

Question. If my furmark score is the same as before, is it possible the slight lag (unit have a very small stutter) be caused by one of the following

1)My friend's PC is not really that powerful and it's waiting for them

2) too many soldiers and my high settings

3) I have not noticed it before cause I was not looking.

Question. If my furmark score is the same as before, is it possible the slight lag (unit have a very small stutter) be caused by one of the following

1)My friend's PC is not really that powerful and it's waiting for them

2) too many soldiers and my high settings

3) I have not noticed it before cause I was not looking.

rome 2 and shogun 2 run on 2 cores i belive so it could just be a hicup from that.

rome 2 and shogun 2 run on 2 cores i belive so it could just be a hicup from that.

Oh, true. Core 1 and Core 4 are under about 70% load while it's minimzed. That explains it :D