Questions about intel chipsets and CPU

There are so many chipsets on the intel Ark page and it's confusing since I'm trying to make a informed purchase.

Chipsets (desktop):

The Z before each chipset name denotes that it can overclock?

The express chipsets are the one with integrated graphics?

Is there a significant difference between the chipsets that have the same letter but different number such as H87 and H97?

Can anyone give me a general summary of each chipset family?

CPU:

For 5th generation processors does the "C" at the end of the product name denote unlocked?

A but confused on what the "R" at the end is for and what is the purpose of BGA1364 sockets?

get a 4690k with a z97 for a good gaming build.

get a 5820k with a x99 if its in your price range.

get a 5960x if you do video rendering and make a living of it it. 

OC to 4.4ghz+

that's all u need to know. 

"R" means it has the high-level integrated graphics. Usually only high-end laptop CPUs have that.

There are BGA1364 motherboards so does that mean the only to have Intel Iris graphics on a desktop is to use CPUs with R at the end on a BGA1364 board?

There are BGA1364 motherboards so does that mean the only to have Intel Iris graphics on a desktop is to use CPUs with R at the end on a BGA1364 board?

Seems so. BGA means a CPU which is soldered to the motherboard, by the way. Most likely you'd see these CPUs in all-in-one or small-form-factor systems rather than traditional desktops.

For 5th generation processors does the "C" at the end of the product name denote unlocked?

I don't know if the "C" is actually meant to mean unlocked in the naming system, but it happens that the C-series Broadwell processors are unlocked.

I don't know if the "C" is actually meant to mean unlocked in the naming system, but it happens that the C-series Broadwell processors are unlocked.

People have claimed that C stands for crystalwell, which maybe it does... But I'd be willing to bet that the reason they are c vs k is to more easily distinguish between the haswell-e cpus (5000 series) and broadwell (also 5000 series.)

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS