What should I get next - an SSD or a mechanical keyboard?

My rig is at a point now where I'm comfortable with pretty much everything except the keyboard and the storage. My only storage is a 2 TB hard drive, and my keyboard is a membrane, rubber dome thing by Rosewill. Within the next few months I'm definitely going to be getting an SSD for the OS and possibly a couple Steam games, and I'm going to get a mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Browns because I tried those out the other day and fell in love.

My question: which one should I get first, and which one should wait a month or two?

i5-4690K;     MSI Z97 PC MATE;     Gigabyte R9 270;      16GB DDR3-1866;      256 GB Samsung 850 EVO;     2TB Hitachi HDD;     Corsair 1.21GW

SSD first, the speed increase it brings is pretty awesome.

Project Tomahawk:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i

Memory: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1866 Mhz

GPU: Asus Strix RX 480

PSU: Corsair RM1000

Storage: 2x Western Digital 2TB Enterprise + 240GB Crucial M500 SSD

Case: Corsair Air 540

Additional: Cablemod C-Series black/red kit, SP120, AF140 and AF140 w/ red LED's all around

Project Frankenstein:

Spoiler

CPU: AMD FX 6100

Motherboard: MSI 970 SLI Krait Edition

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

Memory: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1866 Mhz

GPU: MSI R9 280 3G Twin Frozr

PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W

Storage: Western Digital 1TB Enterprise + 240GB Partiot Torch SSD

Case: Fractal Design Define S

Sheila (Server):

Spoiler

Dell R210:
CPU: Intel Xeon x3450

Memory: 12GB Crucial ECC 1600 Mhz

Storage: Seagate 3TB Constellation 

Marvin (Server)

Spoiler

Dell R210ii

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1230v2

Memory: 12GB Crucial ECC 1600Mhz

Storage: Seagate 3TB Constellation

Definitely get a mechanical keyboard, an SSD is nice to have but I could NEVER get rid of my keyboard

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

I would say keyboard. Chances are your OS is already on the HDD and the SSD probably wont give you that much of a noticable difference in games except for some loading times.

i7 4770k/Asus GTX 1080 TI/Asus RX5500 XT/Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB/Samsung 840 Pro 256GB/Seagate Barracuda 3TB/AX860i/ASUS Z87 PRO/Fractal Design Define R4/HD 598

ssd. Mechanical keyboards are not really needed but are nice to have.

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

My rig is at a point now where I'm comfortable with pretty much everything except the keyboard and the storage. My only storage is a 2 TB hard drive, and my keyboard is a membrane, rubber dome thing by Rosewill. Within the next few months I'm definitely going to be getting an SSD for the OS and possibly a couple Steam games, and I'm going to get a mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Browns because I tried those out the other day and fell in love.

My question: which one should I get first, and which one should wait a month or two?

SSD first as it is faster and more efficient to a HDD. Where as a mechanical keyboard, even if it is nicer to use, won't be much of a difference to a membrane one 

CPU: FX-6300 GPU: Sapphire R9 380X MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB PSU: XFX XTR 550W CASE: Zalman Z11 Plus SSD: Samsung 840 Evo

17 years old, PC Enthusiast for 3. Be gentle with me, I'm only young.

SSD for PC performance, load times in games. Makes the pc very snappy.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Depends on how much typing you do on it. If you type a lot for a living - emails, notes, word, spreadsheets, programming, ect - I would say the keyboard get's the benefit, especially since you used one and already like it. A lot of people need time to adjust to a mechanical KB. My opinion might be in the minority but if you used a spinning HDD and don't think it's slow then you can wait. At least you'll get the benefit of getting it cheaper/more storage the longer you wait to buy an SSD. 

Zeus: Dual Xeon E5-2695v3 | 128GB DDR4 ECC | Asus Z10PE-D16 WS | 2-way SLI EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 | Corsair AX1200i | Fractal Design Define XL R2 | Das KB & Razor Chroma mouse

Yoda: HP DL380p Gen8 | Dual Xeon E5-2697v2 | 256GB DDR3 ECC | Dual Nvidia Tesla K40c | Dual 1200w PSU | 3X 146GB 15K SAS 2.5" HDD | CentOS 7 | Headless

SSD.

While it would be hard, I would give up my mech keyboard before my SSD.

There are rubber dome keyboards that feel alright but there are no mechanical HDDs that compare to an SSD.

keyboards are lame. i use a logitech one that is 30 bucks and it's great. get a 120gb ssd for your os and you'll be so much happier with faster boot times.

BigDay