Smaller GPU's?

theelitegamer

Hey, guys what's sup? I just want to reach out to the people who knows more than me. I bought a Cooler Master Elite 110 and didn't realize that it only supports 210mm GPU's and I'm wondering besides the ITX 285,960,970 and all. Is there a gtx 980 or such out there that could fit in that case? Thanks 

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

Hey, guys what's sup? I just want to reach out to the people who knows more than me. I bought a Cooler Master Elite 110 and didn't realize that it only supports 210mm GPU's and I'm wondering besides the ITX 285,960,970 and all. Is there a gtx 980 or such out there that could fit in that case? Thanks 

As an alternative - you could replace the elite 110 with a Thermaltake core v1 - it is only a little larger and can fit a GPU of up to 285mm - they fit a reference gtx980 and I have heard of people fitting G1 gaming cards in them as well.

Core V1 is a cheap case.

Core v1:

276 x 260 x 316 mm

elite 110

208 x 260 x 280 mm

Sim Rig:  Valve Index - Acer XV273KP - 5950x - GTX 2080ti - B550 Master - 32 GB ddr4 @ 3800c14 - DG-85 - HX1200 - 360mm AIO

Long Live VR. Pancake gaming is dead.

As an alternative - you could replace the elite 110 with a Thermaltake core v1 - it is only a little larger and can fit a GPU of up to 285mm - they fit a reference gtx980 and I have heard of people fitting G1 gaming cards in them as well.

Core V1 is a cheap case.

Core v1:

276 x 260 x 316 mm

elite 110

208 x 260 x 280 mm

A tad too late xD.

Core V1 is a cheap case.

Core v1:

276 x 260 x 316 mm

elite 110

208 x 260 x 280 mm

I actually like the the case though, with the Elite 110 the layout is so hard to build into I might just RMA and pay the difference.

The new Fury that's coming out I think is really small.

It's actually the exact same size as the case allows, I would LOVE to get that card and try it in there. 

The new Fury that's coming out I think is really small.

that is if the AIO fits in that small case

that is if the AIO fits in that small case

they are referring to the Fury Nano - the single fan cooled jobbie.

Sim Rig:  Valve Index - Acer XV273KP - 5950x - GTX 2080ti - B550 Master - 32 GB ddr4 @ 3800c14 - DG-85 - HX1200 - 360mm AIO

they are referring to the Fury Nano - the single fan cooled jobbie.

And the same performance as the fury x? If so, I'll wait! 

The Fury Nano is probably going to be the smallest for some time, at least until Nvidia releases their HBM cards or AMD released their next line of HBM cards. The memory is placed right next to the die, under the thermal heat spreader. As opposed to traditional GDDR5 memory, which, due to it's physical size prevents similar solutions.

If you can't wait, Asus has a really small 960. There are some small 970s as well, but due to a doubling in memory modules compared to 2GB 960s it will be a bit larger.

For higher end AMD, the 390x and the 390 has 16 memory modules so you won't find small versions of those, at least not as small. You could find some small 4GB 380/380x but there are none yet, and i have no idea if or when they are coming.

Motherboard: Asus X570-E
CPU: 3900x 4.3GHZ

Memory: G.skill Trident GTZR 3200mhz cl14

GPU: AMD RX 570

SSD1: Corsair MP510 1TB

SSD2: Samsung MX500 500GB

PSU: Corsair AX860i Platinum

While mini versions of a card a graphics card runs with the same core and the same memory. Reduction in the physical size of the cooler may force the manufacturer to clock the card down, additionally they strip off components designed to deliver cleaner and more stable power. In short, smaller card equals reduced performance.

Motherboard: Asus X570-E
CPU: 3900x 4.3GHZ

Memory: G.skill Trident GTZR 3200mhz cl14

GPU: AMD RX 570

SSD1: Corsair MP510 1TB

SSD2: Samsung MX500 500GB

PSU: Corsair AX860i Platinum

It is rumoured to be about 80% the performance of the fury X - so roughly a moderately clocked gtx980 worth of performance.

I got the case today, it's very small! I'm going to RMA it for a bigger case. This tells me not to jump in the wave pool and do my reasearch.