Sharing a folder

rirawin

Quick question and it may sound silly, but I want to share a folder with work files like .psd and .ai files to my other computer. Both are connected to the Internet, however, I be joining them via RJ45 Lan cable.

Not if I share these folders, will these files only be visible to the other computer and not shared for everyone i.e net.

By default, Windows protects your shared folders by requiring you to log in with a username and password from the hosting computer on the remote computer. The shared folder is available on every network interface, but protected. When directly connecting two computers via an RJ45 cable, you may need a crossover cable if neither side supports MDIX, but almost all computer interfaces do support that. You should try to connect to the hosting computer by it's hostname, not by an IP address, since the direct wire connection won't have anything providing DHCP to the computers (they will each pick a random IP address in the 169.254.0.0/16 subnet, but it can change randomly)

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: