Are these good temps?

djpabz23
Go to solution Solved by jbslayer,

I have the EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+

Everything is stock, haven't overclocked or anything.

While gaming, my max was 73 degrees Celsius but it averaged around 66-68 degrees and I played for a good 1 hour.

I was wondering if that sort of temperature is normal or is it too hot?

Huh. A little high on those temps. Do you live in a warm area? What are the average temps you see others getting? Do you still have your warranty?

Those temps are normal. 980ti's run pretty hot and I have a reference one myself which peaks at 78 degrees. I say you should only worry if you're near 90 degrees as that is when GPUs tend to throttle.

My G1 only gets up to 66 when I'm benching with heaven at 99% usage. I'm guessing Gigabyte's cooling is a bit better, but you may just need a more aggressive fan curve.

Yeah but Heaven does not really take that long play like an hour or so of some games and see the temperatures then heat builds up.

My G1 only gets up to 66 when I'm benching with heaven at 99% usage. I'm guessing Gigabyte's cooling is a bit better, but you may just need a more aggressive fan curve.

Yeah after installing Precision X, temps never went over 55 degrees after playing for about 2 hours.

Yeah but Heaven does not really take that long play like an hour or so of some games and see the temperatures then heat builds up.

I don't enter benchmark mode and just leave it running for 30-60 minutes.

That's the exact same one I'm getting xD

You won't regret it! It's a gaming experience unlike any other!

I'm going to punch your face- IN THE FACE.