Which is better: EVGA GTX 970 or Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming?

Stay on your current mobo and upgrade your CPU to the ivy bridge until you can afford a better mobo. Ivy is still a good platform, and will be for a few years.

Okay, thank you for the reply! I'm going to start a new topic to continue my question now.

Cheers for all the help!

Okay, and would the 3770 (which I might buy) be sufficient processing power for the GTX 970 G1 Gaming?

Cheers!

Plenty-even a sandybridge i5 wouldn't bottleneck.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

EVGA had to go back and make a new FTW because they cheaped out. They were still trying to sell the back plate individually while other manufacturers were including them at the same price point lol. I haven't heard any reviewer saying that the G1 Gaming cut corners. Its a solid card. So is the EVGA, but if you get the FTW+. They are pretty quiet GPUs... not sure where you came up with that. 

Unless you mod them, yeah... they aren't hard to run anymore.

Unless you multitask or render the i7 isn't a justifiable expense over the i5 for gaming right now. A few years down the road might be different. By then an ivy bridge platform would start showing a bit of age anyway. 

Cheap fan motors that whine at around 45%-which is passed when gaming (the fans on my Gigabyte GTX 650 ti OC 2GB Windforce X2 rev 2.0 whine at around 60%), they also made the G1 Gaming with half of the vRAM on the rear of the card-even though there was space for it on the top side of the PCB (I replaced the stock TIM with Acrtic Silver 5-so I saw everything).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL