Quiet cooling in a CM Storm Trooper.

First of all: I am really not sure where to post this, so please don't rage if I did a mistake. Also I am really new to customizing hardware when it comes to water cooling.

I currently have a six core AMD phoenom 2 on my Asus mobo with a R6870 GFX card powered by a 750W PSU in my CM storm trooper chassis.

ATM I am just running everything air cooled with stock coolers.

I have been thinking a lot of upgrading my GPU to something better, like a GTX 770 or a 760. One of my main concerns is noise. I am having a hard time with my noisy setup ATM.(my mum can't sleep two rooms away with the door closed) so I was hoping that while I was upgrading,I could go for a water cooled setup! By that I mean water cooling both my GPU and CPU. I am very interested in learning about custom water cooling loops and I have done some reading already.

My questions is;

1. Would I be able to get it very silent by using water cooling and some good fans for it(low RPM)?

2. Would the 750W PSU I have be enough to power both a pump and a new GPU?(sorry wrong section)

3. How many rads would I need for that six core CPU and a new GPU?(surface area, as I think I can install a beast rad in the front of this chase.

4. And at last, will the water cooling system withstand been transported once every two weeks? (Parents are divorced)

I do not care about looks for this, as the case has no side windows and look cool on the outside. I only care about how silent I can get it, while still having good performance and really using that GPU boost 2. (Also OC'ing my CPU from 3,2 tto how far I could realistically get it(maybe 4,0?))

Also, I only need space for one HDD and one SSD, so if a larger reservoir is cheaper and easier, I think I can fit that, or a massive rad.

This was a really long post but I hope you take your time to give me some advice/answers. If needed I can get detailed info on my hardware.

Thanks! :)

4. Not recommended. If you search for the topic it's been discussed many times.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Ok, I can understand how transporting can be difficult. 

One of the other concerns I have is that if I go with air cooling, and a bigger heat sink on the CPU, wouldn't that big heat sink, which is attached directly to the CPU socket be more exposed to bumps etc? In this case I would actually think that a water cooled setup is more robust, since I can transport it while standing up(so the reservoir don't get turned alot(if thats something to worry about))

Also, do you think I can get away with just a non-reference card which is optimized for silence? (Which one would that be?)  and then use one of the more silent noctua fans on the cpu cooler?

Something else I have thought of is my PSU, do you think that its the fan on my PSU which makes so much noise? ( I currently got a CM GX 750W PSU)

Thanks for the answers, I know the questions I am asking now is getting less and less related to water cooling. sorry.

Something else I have thought of is my PSU, do you think that its the fan on my PSU which makes so much noise? ( I currently got a CM GX 750W PSU)

Thanks for the answers, I know the questions I am asking now is getting less and less related to water cooling. sorry.

I have that PSU and fan speed wise its fine but under load its supplying a really inconsistent voltage to my 7970, so I'm getting rid of mine. Its a horrible PSU.

For the GPU question go to the GPU forum.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I have that PSU and fan speed wise its fine but under load its supplying a really inconsistent voltage to my 7970, so I'm getting rid of mine. Its a horrible PSU.

For the GPU question go to the GPU forum.

Thanks for telling me about the PSU! :)

But I am still waiting for opinions on the matter of what is most durable when it comes to a large CPU heatsink or a custom watercooling loop or even a AIO? Thanks again, for being very help full!

Thanks for telling me about the PSU! :)

But I am still waiting for opinions on the matter of what is most durable when it comes to a large CPU heatsink or a custom watercooling loop or even a AIO? Thanks again, for being very help full!

An AIO like the H100i would be your best bet.

My friend has the cm storm trooper, it is not that loud, it got loud when his water cooler pump died in the h80i. It got really loud.

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd