Need Help Setting Up RAID 0 On The Asrock Extreme3 970 AM3+

QPofHighGrade

Well, I'm not looking to install Windows on the array.

I've been trying to setup RAID 0 on some drives that I had lying around. When I'm in the UEFI I go to Storage Configuration, I change it from AHCI to RAID, then save changes and exit.

After it posts I CTRL-F to get into the RAID setup menu (I don't know what to call it)

I see four options, View drive assignments [1], LD view/LD define menu [2], Delete LD menu [3], Controller configuration [4]

Now, I have no clue what to do within this menu. What should I be doing to setup RAID 0 properly? Both drives are 250GB HDD's, I know they work when not raided (so, they aren't broken).

I have the RAIDXpert utility provided by the Asrock website, aswell as the RAIDXpert provided by AMD's website. I don't think they're of any use until I have the array setup though.

Am I missing something? I have tried Google, but it's all 'How to install Windows onto an array' and so forth.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the manual...

http://download.asrock.com/manual/ra...HD/English.pdf

Go in, choose 2 - to define your new array and go from there... Make sure you only choose the drives you want to use, and not the boot drive.

With RaidXpert in Windows, looks like you can also do it with this software in Windows....

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99