Monitor swap xb280hk for Swift?

RasAlGhul
Go to solution Solved by Si3Rra_7,

I'd say keep the Swift . 4k is ok in games , but garbage in OS . 1440p will look bad on a 4k monitor because of interpolation .

Also you won't have the smoothness of 144hz .

I have a gaming buddy who still has 700 series GPU's and he tried the Acer xb280hk and couldn't get the frame rates he wanted. He's asked if I'd like to even trade my Swift for it. I do have two 980 strix in sli and I do know the pitfalls of 4k right now but I had a question. Can I play my more demanding titles that might be crappy at 4k on the Acer at 1440p and have it look okay or will it look crappy since it's not native resolution? Thanks guys.

P.S. - We work together so it's a trustworthy trade.

PC Specs : Click here

I'd say keep the Swift . 4k is ok in games , but garbage in OS . 1440p will look bad on a 4k monitor because of interpolation .

Also you won't have the smoothness of 144hz .

You'll get roughly half the framerate at 4K compared to 1440p. You can use that to decide whether you have enough power. You can also run DSR at 2.25x to simulate a 4K load, it does get you identical framerates as an actual 4K monitor (I've tested it ;))

You'll get roughly half the framerate at 4K compared to 1440p. You can use that to decide whether you have enough power. You can also run DSR at 2.25x to simulate a 4K load, it does get you identical framerates as an actual 4K monitor (I've tested it ;))

I tried it too , my 760 cried in pain ... I guess 1440p is really pushing it , so 4k probably kills it , and it's 2GB of vram :D