Headsets keep breaking, Need recommendations

AngryMangos

So I've gone through 2 headsets within the last year or so. The first was a Plantronics Gamecom 780. The second is a Logitech G430. In both cases they broke in virtually the same spot right at the joints where the ear cups swivel and rotate. I don't mistreat them by any means, nor do I have an abnormally large head either. I usually have to have headsets set at the smallest width in order to be comfortable. The only thing I can think of that may have caused it is when I place them on to my head I open them slightly to go around my ears but, that seems like a fairly normal thing to do.

I'm looking for some recommendations for some decent headsets. I have actually been wanting to buy a wireless headset for the convenience, but I'm concerned with the latency issues something like that might have. What's your experience with the headsets as far as quality and construction.

I'm not looking for anything with special features as long as the quality is decent and the construction is solid. My price range is give or take 100 USD.

Thanks

Does it have to be a gaming headset? look into normal headphones which will have better build quality for the price.

If it needs to be a headset then the Hyper X Cloud 2 would be the best

Does it have to be a gaming headset? look into normal headphones which will have better build quality for the price.

Not necessarily marketed as a gaming headset, but I do want a built in mic.

I doubt many headphones have better build quality than the Clouds.

I doubt many headphones have better build quality than the Clouds.

SHP-9500 with v-moda mic?

I disagree. The HyperX Clouds aren't very high quality and you pay for a USB sound card that is junk.

If you don't use the USB sound card on the Clouds (pop hiss disconnect) and upgrade the mic (breaks) you could have either of these for less

$45 Gemini DJ HSR-1000 (closed can = better bass) or $47 Takstar HI 2050 (open can = better gaming)

$30 VModa / $43 Mod Mic

------

$75-91

or upgrade with  $65 Philips SHP9500 (open can = better gaming) and a VModa/Mod Mic

I disagree. The HyperX Clouds aren't very high quality and you pay for a USB sound card that is junk.

If you don't use the USB sound card on the Clouds (pop hiss disconnect) and upgrade the mic (breaks) you could have either of these for less

$45 Gemini DJ HSR-1000 (closed can = better bass) or $47 Takstar HI 2050 (open can = better gaming)

$30 VModa / $43 Mod Mic

------

$75-91

or upgrade with  $65 Philips SHP9500 (open can = better gaming) and a VModa/Mod Mic

I decided to go with the Phillips/ Vmoda combo. At first it seemed like an impractical solution, but in the end I disliked having to deal with the sound card on my logitech set as it just ended up causing latency issues when recording music. I figured since I'm taking that into account as well, I might as well get a decent sounding pair of headphones.