Lasers Used To Create Interactive Holograms

ozziestig

Japanese researchers have created a hologram you can touch.

Researchers’ team from University of Tsukuba’s Digital Nature Group used special types of lasers i.e. a femtosecond laser which transmits usually in spurts ranging from 30 to 270 femtoseconds, where 1 femtosecond is a quadrillionth of a second.

Holy shit thats quick.

The DNG team generated variant shapes up to the mark of 1 cm cube which had a resolution of 200,000 dots-per second when settled at the maximum limit. This all was done merely by combining a Galvano scanner, a mirror and a light modulator. This high a speed literally means that holograms are able to act and respond to smart touch. 

Yes I can spin the cube.

The group of volunteers who tested the holograms made by the researchers claimed that the holograms feel somewhere in between that of a static shock and a sandpaper (a little bit sting-y I presume). They are primarily built by using Voxels, which are the small points of plasma lights made when the laser energy ionizes the surrounding air.

Well at least I won't burn my fingers.

Source: Researchers Used Ultra-Quick Lasers To Create Interactive Holograms.

Steve Wozniak - "Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."                                                                                                                                               Carl Sagan - "If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."

Spoiler

CPU: Core i5 6600K Cooling: NH-D14 Motherboard: GA-Z170XP-SLI RAM: 8GB Patriot Graphics: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4G Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda PSU: Threamaltake Smart 750W

My computer runs on MSX, Its very hard to catch.

''Well at least I won't burn my fingers.''

But you might burn your eyes...

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM

Wow cool :)

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |