SLI Question

Well, The thing i was talking about is using a water cooling braket with a All in one cooler, That has less chance of leaking, less hassle, and less money, and will cost you somewhere near $200

Parts list:

2 h55's $120

2 Corsair n780 brakets $80

A open loop water cooler will cost you somewhere near $350 but will need space in your case, but it will also have a CPU block, so all of your components are in one loop

thanks man, i'll deff take a look at these.

CPU: Core i7 4790k - CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate - GPU: Asus GTX 980Ti - Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming - Ram: 20GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @ 1600MHz - Storage: ADATA 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 Evo 1TB SSD & WD 1TB HDD 7200RPM - PSU: NZXT Hale90 V2 1000W Gold+ - Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo Black Exterior/White Interior - Display: Samsung 29" Curved Ultra Wide - Keyboard & Mouse: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate & Roccat Tyon - Sound: Razer Kraken USB Headphones, Blue Yeti, Logitech z313 Speakers

yeah I use Afterburner, it's a god send I'd be lost without it. Lately I've been monitoring my GPU usage and temps while playing witcher 3 cuz of how hard it makes both of my cards run, the second card never gets up to full load, the top card gets to about 90% full load while playing and about 75-80C while the second card gets around 60-65C. Both cards are not overclocked while I'm doing this, I put them both at default while testing them out. I'm currently overclocking both cards though and don't really see too much of a temperature difference when overclocking them like when overclocking my CPU.

The second card not being fully used is probably the reason for the temp difference. Also water cooling isnt that hard, and I would be happy to help you do it. I recommend buying a kit from EK. Anyth kit that has at least 240mm rad will work. I contacted EK when I was doing my build and they said that the 360L kit had a pump that would work for cooling a cpu and one gpu just fine. Only thing you would need is to buy a few more compression fittings and a waterblock. Their kits make water cooling super easy. All in all the kit and waterblock should only cost about 300-400 bucks depending on the fittings and water block you buy. I love the fact that a custom loop gives you so many options in the future when you upgrade and expand-ability.

MainRig- CPU: 4790k, RAM: 32gb 2400mhz, MOBO: Maximus Formula VII, COOLING: Full EK cooling, GPU: Titan X SLI, PSU: 1200w evga , STORAGE: 250gb SSD, 4TB hybrid CASE: 760T, EXTRAS: Sleeved cables

SecondRig- CPU:4690K, RAM: 16gb 1600mhz, MOBO: Maximus Gene VII, COOLING: H105, GPU: 970ftw, PSU: EVG650W,  STORAGE: 250gb SSD, 3TB, CASE: 540air 

Steam: pizzatime6 Plus two other pc rigs and a craptop.