What counts and doesn't count as rape now adays

Lack of consent. It doesn't have to be forced. Consent from a minor is not consent. Which makes it statutory rape because she/he is not old enough to consent. 

Lack of consent. It doesn't have to be forced. Consent from a minor is not consent. Which makes it statutory rape because she/he is not old enough to consent. 

This!

I just don't get how this can even be controvercial....If you are ever in a situation where you have to ask "Is this rape", then maybe you should not be in that fucking situation.

There are a lot of screwed up people in this thread.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

lol...I love that you just bought that story without question....Might show you a little about where you are coming from in this debate

Doesn't mean I believe it, I'm just asking lol

That shit could happen in real life, it's not impossible

While I typically cite my sources i'll admit that I didn't this time.

here you go.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/man-receives-sex-act-while-blacked-out-gets-accused-of-sexual-assault/article/2565978

answers my question of did he sue them I guess xD..

This!

I just don't get how this can even be controvercial....If you are ever in a situation where you have to ask "Is this rape", then maybe you should not be in that fucking situation.

There are a lot of screwed up people in this thread.

Yes but she didn't do anything to consent to anyways, so it's not like he did rape her if you're talking about the video. He asked her to do it, begged her, egged her on, but there was no sex going on here to be seen as rape

Still can't believe you basically created an account on LTT, to complain that the definitions of rape should be lessened. A offense that is already massively underreported because of the shame and fear that people won't believe you.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Still can't believe you basically created an account on LTT, to complain that the definitions of rape should be lessened. A offense that is already massively underreported because of the shame and fear that people won't believe you.

When did I say they should be lessened?

What I created an account on LTT for isn't any of your business either lol

And so are you telling me that asking your girlfriend for a blowjob counts as rape? Because that's the biggest bullshit I've ever heard in my life.

People are going on comment riots flaming this dude for asking his girlfriend to give him a blowjob, (while they were both drunk) and you're agreeing with them? 

I mean if that's what your saying, you better be damn sure that if you ask your girlfriend for any kind of sex that you are a hypocrite. Also, let me be clear on something, crying rape because someone asked you to suck his dick doesn't even make any sense. I can go out onto the street and ask any woman to give me a blowjob, most I'll get is harassment charges, but what do you think they'll think of me as? a rapist. Simply for the fact that I asked them to do me a sexual favour. 

Most of the people that were hating on this dude were just dumb 13 year old tumblr chicks jumping on the bandwagon without even giving it a thought on their own. 

All I'm saying is that rape is getting to be a more broad term, to where anything is being called rape now a days. I'm not saying it should be "lessened" or what ever you said.

its simple any unwanted sexual act done by force or under threat

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

When did I say they should be lessened?

What I created an account on LTT for isn't any of your business either lol

And so are you telling me that asking your girlfriend for a blowjob counts as rape? Because that's the biggest bullshit I've ever heard in my life.

People are going on comment riots flaming this dude for asking his girlfriend to give him a blowjob, (while they were both drunk) and you're agreeing with them? 

I mean if that's what your saying, you better be damn sure that if you ask your girlfriend for any kind of sex that you are a hypocrite. Also, let me be clear on something, crying rape because someone asked you to suck his dick doesn't even make any sense. I can go out onto the street and ask any woman to give me a blowjob, most I'll get is harassment charges, but what do you think they'll think of me as? a rapist. Simply for the fact that I asked them to do me a sexual favour. 

Most of the people that were hating on this dude were just dumb 13 year old tumblr chicks jumping on the bandwagon without even giving it a thought on their own. 

All I'm saying is that rape is getting to be a more broad term, to where anything is being called rape now a days. I'm not saying it should be "lessened" or what ever you said.

Nope....Im not agreeing or disagreeing with them. Im disagreeing with you that one very specific and to the outside weird case is not a justification for claiming that the definition is getting more and more broad.

And yes, you are advocating with that it should be less broad when you say its too broad.

Kinda obvious! :P

Maybe you should make a thread about 13 year old tumblr chicks, instead of a thread about the definition of rape.

I don't give a shit about a single case here...Especially when Im not given all the information. You are talking about the definition of rape in general.

Being drunk is never an excuse for anything.

Edit: Researched it a bit more. This is a 19 year old dude, who is VERY obviously and continues to pressure a 16 year old girl into participating in a sex tape with the biggest VINE star in the world.

What a hero.,......Ladies and gentlemen...There is absolutely a mild case of statutory rape. She was 16.....Is this really that hard to understand?

He is 19, she is 16. The age of consent in his state is 18(Something I actually disagree with...It should be lower, but the law is the law, and just because I disagree with a law, doesn't mean I can break it).

.....unlawful oral copulation and sexual intercourse with a minor.....She is a minor. Case closed.

It seems like your problem is that you don't understand the word "Statutory".

its simple any unwanted sexual act done by force or under threat

Exactly....Short and to the point.

Nope....Im not agreeing or disagreeing with them. Im disagreeing with you that one very specific and to the outside weird case is not a justification for claiming that the definition is getting more and more broad.

And yes, you are advocating with that it should be less broad when you say its too broad.

Kinda obvious! :P

Maybe you should make a thread about 13 year old tumblr chicks, instead of a thread about the definition of rape.

I don't give a shit about a single case here...Especially when Im not given all the information. You are talking about the definition of rape in general.

Being drunk is never an excuse for anything.

Edit: Researched it a bit more. This is a 19 year old dude, who is VERY obviously and continues to pressure a 16 year old girl into participating in a sex tape with the biggest VINE star in the world.

What a hero.,......Ladies and gentlemen...There is absolutely a mild case of statutory rape. She was 16.....Is this really that hard to understand?

He is 19, she is 16. The age of consent in his state is 18(Something I actually disagree with...It should be lower, but the law is the law, and just because I disagree with a law, doesn't mean I can break it).

.....unlawful oral copulation and sexual intercourse with a minor.....She is a minor. Case closed.

It seems like your problem is that you don't understand the word "Statutory".

Exactly....Short and to the point.

I don't understand what you are trying to say.. You keep saying that it is statutory rape, but this guy didn't even have sex with her (I'm talking about in the video) Hes asking for something, and as far as I know that isn't rape. If he started whipping his dick around in her face or something then yea I could see your point, but being drunk asking for a blowjob isn't really anything. If she'd given him one, or they had some sort of sex, or he did force it down her throat, then yea it would be statutory rape. But right now you're saying that if he actually did something with her it would be statutory rape, which he did nothing but ask for some oral service which isn't rape, that is my point when I say it's getting too broad, because even you are saying that he just committed statutory rape on her.. He didn't really force her into anything, just asking and begging in the video and telling her to do it while giggling. That's not rape. 

I don't understand what you are trying to say.. You keep saying that it is statutory rape, but this guy didn't even have sex with her (I'm talking about in the video) Hes asking for something, and as far as I know that isn't rape. If he started whipping his dick around in her face or something then yea I could see your point, but being drunk asking for a blowjob isn't really anything. If she'd given him one, or they had some sort of sex, or he did force it down her throat, then yea it would be statutory rape. But right now you're saying that if he actually did something with her it would be statutory rape, which he did nothing but ask for some oral service which isn't rape, that is my point when I say it's getting too broad, because even you are saying that he just committed statutory rape on her.. He didn't really force her into anything, just asking and begging in the video and telling her to do it while giggling. That's not rape. 

There is your problem....You don't have any knowledge about this.

And you clearly don't understand the word statutory....

Any sex they had is statutory rape. Trying to pressure(Asking repeately is pressure) a minor into anything sexual is staturoty rape. She is clearly not comfortable and he doesn't take no for an answer. He pulls down his boxers, and the only thing he doesn't do is forcing it into her mouth.

You want this to include violence apparantly, before it can be called rape....You need to understand the basics of law apparantly.

At least look up the term.

"In statutory rape, overt force or threat is usually not present. Statutory rape laws presume coercion, because a minor or mentally handicapped adult is legally incapable of giving consent to the act."

It is not rape...Its statutory rape.....She is a minor....Is this really so hard to understand?

Whether he was filmed doing hardcore BDSM or this, it would still be a adult having sex with a minor.

Tons of pedophiles have sex with their victims without violence or threats either....Coercion is much more than threats and violence. Its pressure from somebody who is the mature adult.

To conclude: He is not going to get charged jhere.....This happens a lot with couples in this age group, which is one of the problems with the age of consent being 18....But this dudes "apology" shows the problem here....

He is the victim...All couples do this...bla bla bla! Sexual assault is a massive problem and sexual assault and pressure to perform sexual acts is a huge problem in many relationships. As much as 40-50 % of women will face this problem at some stage in their life.

There is your problem....You don't have any knowledge about this.

And you clearly don't understand the word statutory....

Any sex they had is statutory rape. Trying to pressure(Asking repeately is pressure) a minor into anything sexual is staturoty rape. She is clearly not comfortable and he doesn't take no for an answer. He pulls down his boxers, and the only thing he doesn't do is forcing it into her mouth.

You want this to include violence apparantly, before it can be called rape....You need to understand the basics of law apparantly.

At least look up the term.

"In statutory rape, overt force or threat is usually not present. Statutory rape laws presume coercion, because a minor or mentally handicapped adult is legally incapable of giving consent to the act."

It is not rape...Its statutory rape.....She is a minor....Is this really so hard to understand?

Whether he was filmed doing hardcore BDSM or this, it would still be a adult having sex with a minor.

Tons of pedophiles have sex with their victims without violence or threats either....Coercion is much more than threats and violence. Its pressure from somebody who is the mature adult.

I mean... I didn't want to link the actual video but here it is if you want to see it (does contain penis)

-snip-

and statutory rape, not sure what it means for you but upon a quick google search it pulled up this. 

1a18efe92826bb4d842ab4ebced521ff.pngSexual intercourse they didn't have any sex, and I'm not talking about sex they had off camera, I'm only talking about the video, she didn't touch his shit, she said it made her uncomfortable, which I'm assuming he stopped a little after that, or she left or what ever (again, only going to focus on the content of the video), but the point is, there was no sex to call statutory rape. I'm also not saying that it has to be him ontop of her for it to be rape either. I'm just saying, this video isn't rape just because he asked for oral sex and she got " a little uncomfortable"

Edited by Blade of Grass

I mean... I didn't want to link the actual video but here it is if you want to see it (does contain penis)

-snip-

and statutory rape, not sure what it means for you but upon a quick google search it pulled up this. 

Sexual intercourse they didn't have any sex, and I'm not talking about sex they had off camera, I'm only talking about the video, she didn't touch his shit, she said it made her uncomfortable, which I'm assuming he stopped a little after that, or she left or what ever (again, only going to focus on the content of the video), but the point is, there was no sex to call statutory rape. I'm also not saying that it has to be him ontop of her for it to be rape either. I'm just saying, this video isn't rape just because he asked for oral sex and she got " a little uncomfortable"

"Furthermore in Texas, where the footage could have been filmed as it is where Maggie is from, any sex act between an adult and child is considered statutory rape."

And the age of consent in LA where he is from is also 18......Statutory rape.

+We have no idea what she felt....Because she has made ZERO comments on the matter. Not coming to her ex boyfriends aid.

And yes, it is statutory rape if he continued after she said no, which he does....."Come on"....:"DO IT!" "Act like the camera isn't there".......

Why are you assuming he stopped? You cared enough about this to make this thread, without even hearing her side at all...Like anybody else.

This chick has been humiliated to the entire world.....

Im not arguing that he should be charged....But there is no doubt that this is highly inappropriate and that the girl is not a willing participant. She might have been if the camera wasn't on, but she clearly was'n't there.

Im going to quote an article I read..."

"I’m really uncomfortable’ is not consent"

Edited by Blade of Grass

Rape: Sexual intercourse or contact without consent, thus, those actions being forced upon the recipient (male or female). 

Those who claim asking, looking or whatever is rape, just need a slap. 

"Furthermore in Texas, where the footage could have been filmed as it is where Maggie is from, any sex act between an adult and child is considered statutory rape."

And the age of consent in LA where he is from is also 18......Statutory rape.

+We have no idea what she felt....Because she has made ZERO comments on the matter. Not coming to her ex boyfriends aid.

And yes, it is statutory rape if he continued after she said no, which he does....."Come on"....:"DO IT!" "Act like the camera isn't there".......

Why are you assuming he stopped? You cared enough about this to make this thread, without even hearing her side at all...Like anybody else.

This chick has been humiliated to the entire world.....

Im not arguing that he should be charged....But there is no doubt that this is highly inappropriate and that the girl is not a willing participant. She might have been if the camera wasn't on, but she clearly was'n't there.

Im going to quote an article I read..."

"I’m really uncomfortable’ is not consent"

All of what your saying just supports what I said about rape being a bit too broad of a term. I guess asking your girlfriend for a blowjob is now rape. 

and, again, there was no sexual anything going on, other than her seeing his penis and being ask to play with it on camera. We don't know if they had sex when he turned it off, or if he raped her, or if she left , or if a huge fight ensued, so that is out of the question.

The girl, I haven't got much to say about her, she was asked to give a blowjob, refused, and from what the video shows, no rape happened. I don't really know why she'd be humiliated, everyone already probably assumed she was doing that stuff anyways, if anything she showed that she wasn't just some slut trying to suck him off on camera. Also the guy got his dick all over the internet, so that kind of sucks to be him, it's not like she was filmed nude or something. What she felt, we also don't know, so that doesn't really come into question. i mean atleast she didn't try to blow this up and act like a victim of a vicious predator (like in situations like hers do, and I'm talking about situations where nothing actually happens).

you said it yourself or you at least agreed to it 

b96ca8e8d663b71227b7f885f108ea10.png

and there was no force of anything in this video, pressured a bit, but not forced.

I have questions.

So about consent... What if the girl gets drunk and has sex with you? Is it rape because she was not in the position to make rational choices? Then what if we were both drunk? Did we rape each other? What about forced consent (If you don't have sex, we're breaking up, etc)?

Does consent have to be explicit? So does this mean you have to ask the girl every time, "Can I have sex with you?" Personally I don't have a big problem with doing this but I know this is not how most other humans want to operate. What if the guy never asks the girl whether she wants to have sex, but she actually does? Consent was never explicitly given, is that technically rape? What if the guy asks the girl but the girl doesn't ask the guy? The guy has never explicitly expressed that he is willing to have sex with her.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

I have questions.

So about consent... What if the girl gets drunk and has sex with you? Is it rape because she was not in the position to make rational choices? Then what if we were both drunk? Did we rape each other? What about forced consent (If you don't have sex, we're breaking up, etc)?

Does consent have to be explicit? So does this mean you have to ask the girl every time, "Can I have sex with you?" Personally I don't have a big problem with doing this but I know this is not how most other humans want to operate. What if the guy never asks the girl whether she wants to have sex, but she actually does? Consent was never explicitly given, is that technically rape? What if the guy asks the girl but the girl doesn't ask the guy? The guy has never explicitly expressed that he is willing to have sex with her.

Well, it depends on how drunk she was, because sometimes she isn't actually able to give consent because of how drunk she is, but if she's just regretting doing it then no it doesn't count as rape.

Not sure about the answer to your second question there..

Also don't quote me on this stuff, there is a chance I could be wrong, but from what I know it is dependant on how drunk someone is to see whether they can give consent or not.

Correct me if i'm wrong though, this is the stuff I'm not too sure of. Hope I atleast gave some insight 

Not the right forum for this discussion. 

If you're interested in learning about consent laws I would suggest reading the relevant section in the Criminal Code (or equivalent) for your country. 

North America

Europe

Asia

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB