DHCP Help

Go to solution Solved by KTFO|SGTmoody,

Yes I will.

ok. well the way you upgrade cisco kit is by coppying the image to its flash and then telling it to boot from the image.

You can transfer the IOS over either TFTP or FPT, its up to you how you do it, I will provide both commands.

Download the IOS .bin file I linked you in the PM or you can easly find it on the internet, up to you. the latest IOS is : c3560-ipservicesk9-mz.122-55.SE10.bin

if you use TFTP then I prefer TFTPD server http://tftpd32.jounin.net/tftpd32_download.html

or you can put the image on a FTP server that you can access.

TFTPD method:

point TFTPD to the folder that you downloaded the IOS image ( click the browse button and select the folder )

then in the server interfaces drop down select your computers interface, it will show the interface IP, this is the IP we will be using to connect to the TFTP server

Connect your switch to the same network that the TFTP server is on (if its not allready )

Now for the commands:

enable

dir flash:   <--  Show the files on your switches flash

(If you have more than one IOS here then you will need to delete the oldest one,  use command:  del flash:put_ios_name_here)

now to copy the IOS to the switch:

SW-3560#copy tftp: flash:c3560-ipservicesk9-mz.122-55.SE10.bin   <-- Command

Address or name of remote host [1.1.1.1]?                                        <-- TFTP server IP

Source filename [c3560-ipservicesk9-mz.122-55.SE10.bin]?             <-- Source file IE the IOS we want to load on to the switch

Destination filename [c3560-ipservicesk9-mz.122-55.SE10.bin]?      <-- if correct hit enter, best to keep it the same name as the source file name

Accessing t <--  Now starting to download the IOS

To copy from FTP:

Im not going to say how to setup a ftp server but just give the commands to copy from one

SW-3560#copy ftp://username:password@1.1.1.1/3560/c3560-ipservicesk9-mz.122-55.SE10.bin flash:c3560-ipservicesk9-mz.122-55.SE10.bin  <-- remember the / after your ip is the direcotry structure that your IOS file is in.

Destination filename [c3560-ipservicesk9-mz.122-55.SE10.bin]?

Accessing ftp://ciso:cisco@1.1.1.1/3560/c3560-ipservicesk9-mz.122-55.SE10.bin...

Next step is the same, check your ios copyed to flash ok

SW-3560#dir flash:   <-- show files in flash command

Directory of flash:/

2  -rwx    12749440   Jan 1 1970 01:13:39 +00:00  c3560-ipservicesk9-mz.122-55.SE10.bin   <-- what we are loooking for,  yes my date is not set on the switch :)

now to tell the switch to boot from our new ios

conf t

boot system flash:c3560-ipservicesk9-mz.122-55.SE10.bin  <-- put the new IOS image name here  This tells the switch to boot this file

no boot system flash:c3560-ipservicesk9-mz.122-55.SE8.bin  <-- we tell the switch not to boot from the old ios.  use your "dir flash" command to get the name of the IOS

exit                      <-- exit out of configure mode

copy run start     <-- save our config

reload                <-- reload the switch (reboot)

switch should reboot, once back in run the  "show ver " command again and check your on the new IOS,   You can now procede with your SSH setup :)

Congrats on upgrading your switch! :P

I think the WAN IP is set to 192.168.1.3, and I'm just using the switch, and not the WAN port.

I'd leave the WAN of the Asus set to get it automatically (DHCP) (and since the WAN port isn't connected to anything, it won't get a WAN IP - that is fine), and change the LAN IP to 192.168.1.3

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

I'd leave the WAN of the Asus set to get it automatically (DHCP) (and since the WAN port isn't connected to anything, it won't get a WAN IP - that is fine), and change the LAN IP to 192.168.1.3

The problem is, I can't go to the page...

The problem is, I can't go to the page...

you may have painted yourself into a corner, which is fine - it happens to everyone sometimes (just earlier tonight I accidentally disabled all remote access to the switch that connects directly to my modem, and at the same time caused it to stop passing data to/from the modem). You may have to do what I already did for my issue - reset the device to factory defaults and set it up again from scratch. Thankfully you are doing a relatively simple change - after resetting it to defaults, you would set up the wireless broadcast again to your liking, disable DHCP, and change the LAN IP - and that's it. But since it will have DHCP enabled when it is first reset, I would recommend disconnecting it from the rest of your network until you make that change. The last thing you want is to have something on your network suddenly get an IP address from the wrong router, if their lease expires while you are making the change.

you may have painted yourself into a corner, which is fine - it happens to everyone sometimes (just earlier tonight I accidentally disabled all remote access to the switch that connects directly to my modem, and at the same time caused it to stop passing data to/from the modem). You may have to do what I already did for my issue - reset the device to factory defaults and set it up again from scratch. Thankfully you are doing a relatively simple change - after resetting it to defaults, you would set up the wireless broadcast again to your liking, disable DHCP, and change the LAN IP - and that's it. But since it will have DHCP enabled when it is first reset, I would recommend disconnecting it from the rest of your network until you make that change. The last thing you want is to have something on your network suddenly get an IP address from the wrong router, if their lease expires while you are making the change.

If doesn't matter to me that much, at least it works. If I ever need to change a setting, I'll just reset it.

If doesn't matter to me that much, at least it works. If I ever need to change a setting, I'll just reset it.

Sounds good, glad I could help!

Sounds good, glad I could help!

Thanks for helping so much. I love everything about my network now.