New 4970k/980ti build help

Hey guys,

I'm going to be building my first watercooled pc which i'm building with the intention of overclocking and using for 4k by adding in a second 980ti in the future. I've worked out the majority of what i want but i cannot decide which case to buy and which watercooling kit to get (I estimate i've probably got about £400 ish left in my budget)

CPU: i7 4970k

Mobo: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII

RAM: HyperX 16 GB 1866 MHz DDR3

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti Hydro Copper

PSU: EVGA 850W SuperNOVA Gold 

I'm set on one of the XSPC kits, i looked at the EX360 but all of the model names/numbers confused me quite quickly and i don't want to end up buying a kit that wont provide enough cooling power for the oc'd cpu and 2 980TIs

Overall i'm going for a black/red aesthetic case wise, something like the NZXT H440 or the NZXT Noctis 450 but i don't mind if the case is just black like the fractal design cases, i just want something that won't be too cramped on the inside and has a nicely sized window for viewing. 

Thanks for reading and any help is greatly appreciated :)

Fractal Define S is good.. but it really depends on what you like style wise.

Phantecs do good cases along with Corsair and NZXT to name a few.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

Thanks for the case advice, any ideas on which watercooling kit i should choose?

Phanteks just announced their Evolv ATX case.  It is super sexy!  Hardware Canucks did a fantastic review:

https://youtu.be/fQfRDSGlNqI

The Phanteks Enthoo line are very good as well, and very highly rated among reviewers and consumers.  H440 is also a very good case, but airflow is less than you might want for such a powerful system.  The H440 has restricted intake at the front which makes a big difference.  If  you do decide to go for the H440, make sure you get very good fans.

As for water cooling kits, I really dont know.  Just make sure you get one that fits your case!  For example, a kit that uses one or two 5.25" bays for the reservoir will not fit in the H440.

Also, if you are having potentially 2x 980 ti cards on the loop, I think a 360 mm x 25 mm thick rad much too small.  Maybe something thicker like a 360 x 50 mm thick, or if you can fit look at dual 240s, dual 280s, 240 + 360, or a single thick 480.  Full water cooling on a dual 980 ti system will need a lot of radiator.

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build