Burned disc inventory software

phillychuck

For some reason I can't come up with the proper keywords to search for this..

I'm looking for a program that will read contents of data discs, just file listings basically, keep a searchable database, issue an ID I can label the disc with, and print a inventory list I can stick in the disc envelope.

I've had something similar like 15+ years ago and can't seem to remember names. Used to catalog CD's and floppy's.

For some reason I can't come up with the proper keywords to search for this.. I'm looking for a program that will read contents of data discs' date=' just file listings basically, keep a searchable database, issue an ID I can label the disc with, and print a inventory list I can stick in the disc envelope. I've had something similar like 15+ years ago and can't seem to remember names. Used to catalog CD's and floppy's. [/quote']

I'm going to venture a guess that you can make a script to do this, and it probably wouldn't be that hard. Maybe check out some programming forums? Sorry I couldn't be of any help.

I found what to search for "disk catalog organizer".

I was throwing words like dvd around, which brought up things to catalog movies.

Thanks helltech for the idea.