Any program that suits my need?

Litargirio
Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,

There might be video editor which allows you to record multiple voice-over channels. Most cheap and free ones only have one channel for that. So you can do that with several software. Recording video with any video recording software. Playback with VLC or video editor (I'd use VLC). Same time use Audacity to record first audio. Launch second VLC or add another channel to Audacity for second audio (I haven't done this so I don't know if it plays first channel while recording second). If you record both channels to same Audacity file, you can export them as single file and add to any video editor as audio channel. Or you can do two different audio files, each containing single channel.

I want to make videos in which there are multiple recordings of myself (something like this) doing something. I was looking for a program that would allow me to do the following:

1. I record one piece of footage.
  2. While the first piece of footage is playing back (and I'm listening to it trough my headphones), I would record a second piece of footage.
  3. Whilst the audio of the first and the second recordings is  playing, I record a third thing.

And so on.

So the idea is basically for example you want to interpret two people a guy and a girl, who are having a dialogue. First I record myself as the guy, and I do the guy dialogue. Then, I put on headphones, and while listening to the guy dialogue, I do the girl part.

The important part is to be able to listen to what you have already recorded at the same time as recording on top of it, so as to be able to synch it. Anyone know of any program like that? I can afford a paid one, but I'd prefer it not to be unnecessarily overpriced.

Cheers!

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

I want to make videos in which there are multiple recordings of myself (something like this) doing something. I was looking for a program that would allow me to do the following:

1. I record one piece of footage.
  2. While the first piece of footage is playing back (and I'm listening to it trough my headphones), I would record a second piece of footage.
  3. Whilst the audio of the first and the second recordings is  playing, I record a third thing.

And so on.

So the idea is basically for example you want to interpret two people a guy and a girl, who are having a dialogue. First I record myself as the guy, and I do the guy dialogue. Then, I put on headphones, and while listening to the guy dialogue, I do the girl part.

The important part is to be able to listen to what you have already recorded at the same time as recording on top of it, so as to be able to synch it. Anyone know of any program like that? I can afford a paid one, but I'd prefer it not to be unnecessarily overpriced.

Cheers!

Record each sentence sepratly for the second and third and then edit them where they belong? Thats what I did for a similar situation.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9DNjLk I like the night theme, it complements my dark basement. If you are reading this then you must also be a fan of the night theme.

01011011 01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01001000 01100101 01110010 01100101 01011101 

Record each sentence sepratly for the second and third and then edit them where they belong? Thats what I did for a similar situation.

That was an example. It's slightly more complicated than that. I can't cut it into pieces though, and I also need the video.

Edited by Litargirio

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

There might be video editor which allows you to record multiple voice-over channels. Most cheap and free ones only have one channel for that. So you can do that with several software. Recording video with any video recording software. Playback with VLC or video editor (I'd use VLC). Same time use Audacity to record first audio. Launch second VLC or add another channel to Audacity for second audio (I haven't done this so I don't know if it plays first channel while recording second). If you record both channels to same Audacity file, you can export them as single file and add to any video editor as audio channel. Or you can do two different audio files, each containing single channel.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv