RAM Speed

I have 2 1333MHz and 1 1600MHz RAM sticks.

In the task manager on Windows, it says it runs at 667MHz. Why is this?

I think it takes the lowest speed and halves it.

it shouldn't

task manager sucks, use something like cpu-z.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

DDR3 = Double Data Rate RAM version 3

It makes 2 operations every cycle, therefore 667MHz is in reality 1333MHz

AMD 860K @ 4.3GHz ; Kingston HyperX Fury 2400MHz ; Asus A88XM-Plus ; Sapphire R9 270X 2GB ; 600W Tacens Radix VII AG 80+Silver  ; Cooler Master TX3 Evo

DDR3 = Double Data Rate RAM version 3

It makes 2 operations every cycle, therefore 667MHz is in reality 1333MHz

CPUz takes 1866 and halves it to 933.

Edit: Because of what Kettchup says.

or not?

Cg3XaKs.png

cpu-z is more reliable since it doesn't depend on how bad your task manager is. but I know it shows half the speed in cpu-z.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

or not?

Cg3XaKs.png

cpu-z is more reliable since it doesn't depend on how bad your task manager is. but I know it shows half the speed in cpu-z.

Everytime I reinstall windows it shows the same, I thought all task managers are the same, apart from the spec

Everytime I reinstall windows it shows the same, I thought all task managers are the same, apart from the spec

windows 8.1 ftw. if you have 7 then it's not ftw.

Spoiler

Yeh, I've always ran 8.1, ready for Win 10 though :D

and it shows 667mhz in windows 8.1? what about cpu-z?

Spoiler

I have 2 1333MHz and 1 1600MHz RAM sticks.

In the task manager on Windows, it says it runs at 667MHz. Why is this?

Go in to your Bios check that it's running at 1333MHz don't go to 1600 you could kill the 2 1333 sticks

Either that or one of your sticks is fucked up, take 1 out at a time and see what the speeds say

CPU: i5-4690K @ 4.0GHz GPU: Gigabyte Gtx 970 WindForce MOBO: Gigabyte Z97 Gaming-3 CASE: Corsair Carbide 200R PSU: Corsair RM750

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4GBx4  MOUSE: CM Mizar KEYBOARD: Logitec G110

Go in to your Bios check that it's running at 1333MHz don't go to 1600 you could kill the 2 1333 sticks

Either that or one of your sticks is fucked up, take 1 out at a time and see what the speeds say

Yes, it is running at 1333MHz. Wasn't sure if windows was limiting it. I believe that it half's it, as previous members have told me

Yes, it is running at 1333MHz. Wasn't sure if windows was limiting it. I believe that it half's it, as previous members have told me

I can't confirm or deny this but I've never heard it and it doesn't make sense to me, when you run two sticks of different speeds both sticks then get clocked down to the slower speed, take the 1600MHz stick out or run it by itself and see what happens

CPU: i5-4690K @ 4.0GHz GPU: Gigabyte Gtx 970 WindForce MOBO: Gigabyte Z97 Gaming-3 CASE: Corsair Carbide 200R PSU: Corsair RM750

I can't confirm or deny this but I've never heard it and it doesn't make sense to me, when you run two sticks of different speeds both sticks then get clocked down to the slower speed, take the 1600MHz stick out or run it by itself and see what happens

Will it make a big performance difference of the PC running at 667MHz? because it is really fast, mainly because of the SSD.

Will it make a big performance difference of the PC running at 667MHz? because it is really fast, mainly because of the SSD.

It's running at the slowest RAM Module speed, 1333MHz.

DDR non-effective ram speed for 1333 MHz it's 666/667MHz and that's what is showing you, it's simple.

Also, in the hypothetical case that it's running at 667MHz you won't notice a difference.

AMD 860K @ 4.3GHz ; Kingston HyperX Fury 2400MHz ; Asus A88XM-Plus ; Sapphire R9 270X 2GB ; 600W Tacens Radix VII AG 80+Silver  ; Cooler Master TX3 Evo

I don't think it will make a huge difference but if you do what the best performance, buy another 4GB 1600MHz stick, it's pretty cheap, but unless you're gaming at high specs don't worry about it