Replace screen on Toshiba Satellite laptop. Easy fix?

Go to solution Solved by SwagOfTheDoge,

Yeah, it would be pretty easy, I replaced my screens twice already to my netbooks, just gotta look up a tutorial and you're good to go. As far as cheap screens, go on ebay or amazon they have them for about 50$ on average.

If you have replaced the screen with a good one and you still encounter this problem, it's probably something to do with the hardware (RAM, CPU, etc.).

It also may have something to do with the drivers for your screen.

Hi everybody,

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop with a bad screen (broken, scarred up display on boot). Would this just be an easy screen replacement job? Any other things that could be part of the problem to consider? Any recommendations for places to buy a good, cheap screen?

I don't think there would be anything wrong with the inverter, as far as I know. 

Thanks!

ASRock B550M PG RIPTIDE       Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4             TEAMGROUP MP33 1 TB NVME SSD

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X                   Antec DF700 Case                                 MSI Radeon RX 580 4 GB ARMOR OC

Hi everybody,

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop with a bad screen (broken, scarred up display on boot). Would this just be an easy screen replacement job? Any other things that could be part of the problem to consider? Any recommendations for places to buy a good, cheap screen?

I don't think there would be anything wrong with the inverter, as far as I know. 

Thanks!

Which model which year? 

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

Which model which year? 

Toshiba Satellite C850-B228 running Windows 7 is all I can get right now from the back of the laptop

ASRock B550M PG RIPTIDE       Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4             TEAMGROUP MP33 1 TB NVME SSD

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X                   Antec DF700 Case                                 MSI Radeon RX 580 4 GB ARMOR OC

Yeah, it would be pretty easy, I replaced my screens twice already to my netbooks, just gotta look up a tutorial and you're good to go. As far as cheap screens, go on ebay or amazon they have them for about 50$ on average.

If you have replaced the screen with a good one and you still encounter this problem, it's probably something to do with the hardware (RAM, CPU, etc.).

Thanks, I was thinking I wouldn't find anything cheaper than about $50. As of now I could only tell it's the screen - like someone scratched it up or put too much pressure on it something. Completely busted up looking output. 

If someone dropped it and busted up other components besides the screen, it might not be worth working on. Not my laptop - it was abandoned.