SSD choices

cxz

Wish there was a write up on what to look for in buying one of these. lol Anyway what should you look for in one? I would like to have the top of the line, but I do not know if I will even notice the difference and some are more reliable than others. So yeah any advice and suggestions would be awesome. Oh and would the difference in going from the 100gb to the 200gb be noticeable in real world use? Thanks guys.

Wish there was a write up on what to look for in buying one of these. lol Anyway what should you look for in one? I would like to have the top of the line' date=' but I do not know if I will even notice the difference and some are more reliable than others. So yeah any advice and suggestions would be awesome. Oh and would the difference in going from the 100gb to the 200gb be noticeable in real world use? Thanks guys.[/quote']

Is 200 GB bigger then 100GB? Yes, a lot. I have a 512GB drive myself because 200 is no where near enough for me.

Anyway... these are all the top tier drives.

Samsung 840 Pro, OCZ Vector, Samsung 830, OCZ Vertex 3, OCZ Vertex 4, Intel 520, Corsair Neutron GTX, Crucial m4, Samsung 840, Intel 330, Intel 335, OCZ Agility 4. Mushkin Chronos Deluxe, Patriot Wildfire, OCZ Vertex 3 Max IOPS, OWC Mercury Extreme Pro 6G, Corsair Force GS, Plextor M3 Pro.

For reference there is an SSD article every month at Tom's.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ssd-recommendation-benchmark,3269.html

Well damn didn't know they had that article. lol Also I wasn't referring to the size I was talking about the speed, because the 256 or w/e number they use is faster. Also I know the vendors and what they produce, but like other components in computers, some are better than others and sometimes there are things you just don't need to buy, because you want be using it to its potential. Anyway I'll def check that link out.

Helltech nailed it and listed them in a very nice to follow order. I personally use the 840 non pro. The differences will vary on what your doing and what your going from. If your going from a normal HHD to SSD you will notice night and day but from SSD to SSD It may only be evident in your uses.