Something wrong with taskbar

SpagettiNinja
Go to solution Solved by 1Scotty1,

This looks like you have literally a printscreened wallpaper with the taskbar overlapping your real transparent taskbar

Try changing your wallpaper for something different :D

I suddenly have something weird with my taskbar. It is not really a big deal, but it did worry me, and it is kind of annoying to see. Besides, it is not supposed to be like that. Basically, the problem is best explained through a picture. http://oi57.tinypic.com/jutqa8.jpg

Now, the problem is that the Chrome and Skype icons show as if they are running (or if the cursor is held over them), but they are not, and to the right you can see the little flag, windows update icon and the up arrow kind of as a shadow behind the real icons, except they dont line up. This suddenly appeared like this when i started my PC 2 days ago. The computer has been restarted several times between then and now, nothing has changed, and i am wondering what caused this and what i could do to make it go away. I am running Windows 8.1.

As i said, not really a big deal, but i dont like it.

CPU i7-9700K @ 5 GHz Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F RAM Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (4x8) 3000 MHz GPU ASUS RTX 2080 ROG Strix OC x2 SLI Case Corsair Graphite 780T Storage 256 GB Samsung 860 EVO, 6 TB Seagate Barracuda PSU Corsair HX1200i, 1200W Display(s) ASUS PG279Q (1440p 165 Hz), ASUS VG248QE (1080p 144 Hz) Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 radiator Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Logitech G502 Sound Logitech G35 Operating System Windows 10

This looks like you have literally a printscreened wallpaper with the taskbar overlapping your real transparent taskbar

Maybe try restarting Windows Explorer?

Task Manager > end task "windows explorer" >

and then

File > Start New Task > explorer.exe

EDIT: @1Scotty1 might be right... Hahah

I suddenly have something weird with my taskbar. It is not really a big deal, but it did worry me, and it is kind of annoying to see. Besides, it is not supposed to be like that. Basically, the problem is best explained through a picture. http://oi57.tinypic.com/jutqa8.jpg

Now, the problem is that the Chrome and Skype icons show as if they are running (or if the cursor is held over them), but they are not, and to the right you can see the little flag, windows update icon and the up arrow kind of as a shadow behind the real icons, except they dont line up. This suddenly appeared like this when i started my PC 2 days ago. The computer has been restarted several times between then and now, nothing has changed, and i am wondering what caused this and what i could do to make it go away. I am running Windows 8.1.

As i said, not really a big deal, but i dont like it.

Sounds like you've been pranked.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Yeah, well.. that is awkward. I cant even explain how this happened, but yes, my background is an actual screenshot of my desktop as it was. I think i know how, anyways, now. I by accident changed my background a few days ago or so, and had to get my normal picture back, so i went into my folder and found it. I guess it turns out i found a screenshot of my desktop instead. And i couldnt figure it out.. heh.

I feel stupid now.

CPU i7-9700K @ 5 GHz Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F RAM Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (4x8) 3000 MHz GPU ASUS RTX 2080 ROG Strix OC x2 SLI Case Corsair Graphite 780T Storage 256 GB Samsung 860 EVO, 6 TB Seagate Barracuda PSU Corsair HX1200i, 1200W Display(s) ASUS PG279Q (1440p 165 Hz), ASUS VG248QE (1080p 144 Hz) Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 radiator Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Logitech G502 Sound Logitech G35 Operating System Windows 10

Yeah, well.. that is awkward. I cant even explain how this happened, but yes, my background is an actual screenshot of my desktop as it was. I think i know how, anyways, now. I by accident changed my background a few days ago or so, and had to get my normal picture back, so i went into my folder and found it. I guess it turns out i found a screenshot of my desktop instead. And i couldnt figure it out.. heh.

I feel stupid now.

Man, I am good :D

I feel stupid now.

This actually just made my day.  :lol: