Thoughts on a 32 inch 1440p monitor?

Assassin

I was wondering if a 32 inch 1440 monitor would be a good idea. I know 4K is all the rage right now but my GPU wont be able to handle that kind of resolution and they are super expensive. I was thinking about picking up this monitor.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-WQHD-LED-Monitor-S32D850T/dp/B00L3KNOF4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1434837555&sr=8-1&keywords=samsung+32+inch+monitor

Do you think the 1440p resolution is too low for a 32 inch monitor?

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

I'm sure 32 inch is just about perfect for 1440p, if not a little large.

I'd go for it, picture in picture and picture by picture would be helpful in some situations, and it seems to be an overall pretty dank monitor.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I'm sure 32 inch is just about perfect for 1440p, if not a little large.

I'd go for it, picture in picture and picture by picture would be helpful in some situations, and it seems to be an overall pretty dank monitor.

I was about to pull the trigger and then realized its a VA monitor. So I'm gonna have to reconsider.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

I was about to pull the trigger and then realized its a VA monitor. So I'm gonna have to reconsider.

I wouldn't be put off unless you're doing colour-critical work; the deepest blacks are to be found with VA panels and they are usually pretty accurate colour-wise.

If I am correct, VA sits between IPS and TN in colour accuracy. (Its been a while since I read up on that stuff, so I might be wrong)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I wouldn't be put off unless you're doing colour-critical work; the deepest blacks are to be found with VA panels and they are usually pretty accurate colour-wise.

How much different would it look next to an IPS monitor? That's my only concern. 

How much different would it look next to an IPS monitor? That's my only concern. 

AFAIK, it'll look a bit more vibrant, and probably not as true to how the picture would look in real life, but that doesn't mean it would look bad or any worse to your eyes. It's subjective to a certain degree.