980ti successor

fapman
Go to solution Solved by fapman,

I forget to mention that i have to get nvidia Cause that i have rog Swift (user g sync)

So should i wait if nvidia responds with a New product or just get a 980ti?

So i have ordered gigabyte g1 980 ti, what im thinking is that are we going to see a full GM200 soon (cheaper than X and custom pcbs) if the fury x bets the 980ti?

Wait 4 days for the Fury X and X2 to be released (or at least for the Embargo to drop).

I'm on the fence about purchasing a Fury X / X2 myself.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

That would be the Titan X...

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

That would be the Titan X...

I think he means a Titan X that wasnt locked to only the Nvidia reference board...

I do not see this happening

I do imagine that Nvidia might wack two gm204's on one board though...

Sim Rig:  Valve Index - Acer XV273KP - 5950x - GTX 2080ti - B550 Master - 32 GB ddr4 @ 3800c14 - DG-85 - HX1200 - 360mm AIO

Long Live VR. Pancake gaming is dead.

I forget to mention that i have to get nvidia Cause that i have rog Swift (user g sync)

So pretty much if is expected to release something in 2 months time?

I think he means a Titan X that wasnt locked to only the Nvidia reference board...

I do not see this happening

I do imagine that Nvidia might wack two gm204's on one board though...

I'm waiting for the dual GM 200 Nvidia Sinclair ZX Titan :P

So i have ordered gigabyte g1 980 ti, what im thinking is that are we going to see a full GM200 soon (cheaper than X and custom pcbs) if the fury x bets the 980ti?

Seems unlikely and unnecessarily costly. The 980ti and the TitanX are already close in performance, throwing another card between there wouldn't make much sense, in a both a rational way and an economic way. More likely just see price drops.

Isn't 980ti the full GM200?

I guess the next big NVIDIA thing to look forward to is Pascal?

Isn't 980ti the full GM200?

The Titan X is, the 980Ti is a "baby" Titan X.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

To be fair dude, the 980Ti is already a great card. I said I wouldn't upgrade my GPUs until a card that could at least match the performance of my two cards was released, which only just happened with the 980Ti, so, I'll be looking to pick up a couple, if money permits. The money I could be using for it I currently need for a laptop

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

What i was thinking was that in the early 2015 there was rumours about 980 metal and 980ti and the nvidia has always wanted to be #1 that has the most powerfull one gpu card. How likely is that nvidia will piss in the eyes of 980ti buyers and release the metal Edition with full gm200 after the fury launch?